Valve has confirmed that the UI from Steam Deck will replace Big Picture mode on Steam.
This was discovered after Valve employee austinp_valve responded to a question in the Steam Big Picture forum about the future of the interface.
Big Picture was released in 2012 as a console-like interface for users who plugged their PCs into large monitors and TVs while using a controller as opposed to keyboard and mouse. It became the basis for SteamOS which was used for the ill-fated Steam Machines.
It has seen very minimal updates since and is regarded by users as looking very outdated today. With the announcement of the Steam Deck, Valve has been working on a new version of SteamOS, which will bring a much needed UI refresh to many of Steam’s aging components.
- 2019 Kia K900 Review: It's a Big Step Up
- North Carolina vs. Louisville score: It's full steam ahead for surging Tar Heels after avenging earlier bad loss to Cardinals
- Time is now for Packers to find Aaron Rodgers' eventual replacement
- Assetto Corsa ‘Ready to Race’ Car Pack Out Now on Steam
- New Life for Mopar 383 Big-Block
- NFL playoff picture: Who's booked a ticket, who's scraping in and match-ups we want to see
- British steam car tests again
- Driving To Extremes On Hawaii’s Big Island
- LeBron's Leftovers: How Big Is the King's Void in Cleveland?
- 1964 Pontiac GTO – Big Bore ’64
- Here is One Awesome Big-Block-Powered 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle
- MLB rumors, free agency and trade updates: Mets trade talks lose steam; Cubs won't trade Schwarber
- 2012 Detroit: Our Highs and Lows from Detroit’s Big Show
- Upgrading An Old-Style Hemi Engine – A Big Twist
- The top 50 cars on sale today - picture special
- The Big Test: 2014/2015 Midsize Sedans
- Kazunori Yamauchi on GT6’s Course Maker, B-Spec, New Documentary Film, & More
- Ask Anything: Larger Lifters
- Pit Stop with Marlan Davis
- Midseason Report Card Grades for Every NBA Team
Steam Deck UI will replace Big Picture mode on Steam have 300 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.