Valve has confirmed that the UI from Steam Deck will replace Big Picture mode on Steam.
This was discovered after Valve employee austinp_valve responded to a question in the Steam Big Picture forum about the future of the interface.
Big Picture was released in 2012 as a console-like interface for users who plugged their PCs into large monitors and TVs while using a controller as opposed to keyboard and mouse. It became the basis for SteamOS which was used for the ill-fated Steam Machines.
It has seen very minimal updates since and is regarded by users as looking very outdated today. With the announcement of the Steam Deck, Valve has been working on a new version of SteamOS, which will bring a much needed UI refresh to many of Steam’s aging components.
- How to play PC games on Android with Steam Link
- How To Enable Vibration With The Xbox One Controller On Steam Link
- Before Google's big cloud gaming launch, here's the state of streaming game services
- Is Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC Coming to Steam?
- Steam Library redesign makes it more of a personal hub
- YouTube's incognito mode is rolling out now on Android
- Canon EOS RP Budget Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Pictures, Specificatoins Leak Ahead of CP+
- Steam's Digital Homicide Fiasco Is Valve's Fault
- Steam Link hardware faces permadeath
- Steam Developer's Catastrophic Mistake Has A Sort-Of Happy Ending
- Oscars Best Picture nominee Roma sparked my own childhood memories
- Galaxy X? Galaxy F? Samsung's foldable phone faces 10 big issues
- Galaxy X or Galaxy F? Either way, Samsung's foldable phone faces 9 big issues
- Galaxy X? Galaxy F? Samsung's foldable phone faces 9 big issues
- YouTube replaces its custom share UI with another custom share UI - Android Police
- 2019 tech events calendar: Everything on deck from Apple, Google, Amazon and more
- I Love Sharp's New Steam Powered Oven Even If My Steak Was Soggy
- Here come the dark mode browsers -- and websites
- Adds Battle Royale Mode,
- Kempton Park Triple Expansion Steam Engine
Steam Deck UI will replace Big Picture mode on Steam have 316 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.