The first teaser for Pixar’s Turning Red has been released. The movie is written and directed by Domee Shi, who also made the Oscar-winning Pixar short Bao , and it releases on March 11, 2022.
The trailer starts with a 13-year-old girl named Mei Lee (Rosalie Chiang) taking a math test in her classroom. Unfortunately her mom Ming (Killing Eve’s Sandra Oh) is lurking outside, and the ensuing commotion causes Mei Lee to get very stressed–at which point she transforms, Hulk-style, into a giant red panda. From this early teaser it looks like another funny and inventive Pixar movie, and it should deliver on the promise of the utterly charming Bao. Check the trailer out below.
An official synopsis has also been released for Turning Red. It reads, “Young actress Rosalie Chiang lends her voice to Mei Lee, a 13-year-old who suddenly ‘poofs’ into a giant red panda when she gets too excited (which is practically ALWAYS). Sandra Oh voices Mei Lee’s protective, if not slightly overbearing mother, Ming, who is never far from her daughter–an unfortunate reality for the teenager.”
Turning Red will be Pixar’s first theatrical release since Onward in March 2020. The two films since then–Soul and Luca–were released directly to Disney+. Earlier this year there were reports that this policy had led to unhappiness amongst Pixar’s employees , with some staff members questioning why the Pixar films had not been given the Premium Access treatment of other Disney+ releases, such as Raya and the Last Dragon and Mulan.
For more, check out GameSpot’s guide to the biggest upcoming movies of 2021 .
- More Speake-Marin Dong Son Tourbillon watches delivered to Vietnam collectors
- Red River Delta National Tourism Year - Hai Phong Featuring Maritime Values
- Gunmen kidnap Red Cross workers in war-ravaged Syria
- Motorists, the road belongs to walkers too
- Two tonnes of elephant tusks seized at Hai Phong port
- Tropical storm to hit East Sea
- Social News 5/11
- Donations pour in for victims of Storm Wutip
- Robots, hands-free wizardry wows at high-tech fair
- A downpour of emotion at the Golden Globes
- Vettel wins Hungarian GP in Ferrari one-two
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct. 1-15 (daily updated)
- Art & Entertainment News 29/8
- Curtain rises on first 'Star Wars' film in a decade
- Fifty dead in Florida attack, FBI probes militant link
- When in Vietnam, drive as the Vietnamese do
- Social News 20/1
- Movie heavyweights line up in race for Cannes glory
- Parades across Bangkok bearing blood and letters
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 1-10
Pixar's Turning Red: First Trailer Delivers Red Panda Mayhem have 400 words, post on www.gamespot.com at July 13, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.