Leaked images have revealed early ideas for Nintendo’s iconic Wii Remote.
The concepts come from the same Nintendo “gigaleak” of information as many other recent revelations, as fans continue to sift through its treasure trove of data.
Included below are looks at alternative button types, arrangements and names – though all keep the Wiimote’s TV-like remote shape.
The first set of designs feature a lime green Wii Remote, and date from July 2005, a year-and-a-half before the Wii was released. (Nintendo originally released concept art of a green-coloured Wii console, though ultimately settled for white.)
Discarded ideas for the Wii Remote shown here include additional L and R buttons positioned on either side of the B button, and a TV remote-like directional control ring around the A button.
Early Wii Remote designs, including X and Y buttons and a remote ring. pic.twitter.com/4GJKEGgYlg
— TV | Dreamers Dev (@lombTV) July 20, 2021
What appear to be later designs show the remote’s final button layout and colour, though with further experiments for the controller’s + and – buttons. “Back”, “Pause”, and arrows were considered for these buttons instead.
And here are some other designs, using left and right arrows instead of the Minus and Plus. pic.twitter.com/gEVTkt0Tjf
— TV | Dreamers Dev (@lombTV) July 20, 2021
The infamous Nintendo gigaleak has turned up development details on all manner of released and unreleased Nintendo projects, including prototypes for Super Mario Kart , cut content for Ocarina of Time , and cut characters from Star Fox 2 , as well as helping Nintendo fans finally find Luigi in Super Mario 64 .
Earlier this month Eurogamer reported on modders who are now recreating The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time’s 1997 Space World demo based on files from the gigaleak.
We’ve seen hardware details surface from the gigaleak, too. Early plans for the GameCube’s successor once included a straightforward HD upgrade for the console, as well as ideas for a portable version .
- Nintendo Switch Ring Fit Adventure review: A fantastic fitness journey
- Nintendo DELAYS announcement around new video games for its Switch and 3DS consoles after a powerful 6.7 magnitude earthquake hits Hokkaido
- Another twist in the Homo naledi tale: Remains of mysterious early human may have swept into the Rising Star cave from a secret chamber
- How far would YOU go to live forever? Cell injections, magnetic chairs and brain implants are among Silicon Valley's ideas for IMMORTALITY
- Massive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare datamine reveals loads of battle royale details
- Nintendo touchscreen controller patent offers clues about upcoming NX
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 is tentatively scheduled for 2020, according to leak
- Doom 1, 2, And 3 Surprise Launch On Nintendo Switch, PS4, And Xbox One Today
- Fortnite x Batman Official Trailer Revealed
- Fortnite and IT Crossover Seemingly Leaked
- Area 51 Declassified: Documents Reveal Cold War 'Hide-and-Seek'
- DmC and Hellblade Dev's Next Game, Bleeding Edge, Release Date Leaked
- EXCLUSIVE: Son-in-law of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard reveals how the 'rise of David Miscavige' led to his imprisonment where the once golden boy was spit on and beaten by the leader before his dramatic escape from the church
- Irish border after Brexit – all ideas are beset by issues says secret paper
- The Land of One Thousand Lakes: Remote fly fishing in Tasmania's world-heritage wilderness
- Tom Baker Is Turning His Wild Idea for a
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5K renders reveal a punch-hole display, L-shaped quad-camera setup
- Coleen Rooney 'REFUSES to forgive Rebekah Vardy despite the distraught WAG weeping down the phone to prove her innocence’… as Rooney spokesperson confirms the Instagram leaks DID come from her account
- The toddlers snatched by the SS... and the mother who NEVER gave up hope: It started with a plot to kill Hitler. It ended in one of the most astonishing and moving stories of the war, as revealed in a heartbreaking new book
- "It's going to be a much more social experience": Blizzard answers your burning questions about Overwatch on Switch
Nintendo leak reveals early Wii Remote ideas have 686 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.