Motive’s Dead Space remake will reportedly include content that had been cut from the original game.
According to an IGN interview with creative director Roman Campos-Oriola, original developer Visceral Games was seemingly forced to make changes to the game’s initial plans due to “technical constraints”.
Now, however, the Motive team will be using the “original level design”, which may give us a peek at the studio’s early plans that changed during development.
“We started with the original level design of the original Dead Space,” Campos-Oriola said (thanks, PCGN ). “What’s funny is that you can see some of the iterations that were made prior to ship by the team. In the first chapter, you can see some corridors that they wanted to do first in a certain way, and then you can understand why they changed it for technical constraints.”
Specifics are still scarce and there’s no release date just yet, but EA says the remake – which utilises the Frostbite engine – will raise “the level of horror and immersion to unprecedented heights…through stunning visuals, audio and controls”. It also promises an improved story, characters, game mechanics, “and more”.
As Matt summarised at the time, the original Dead Space launched back in 2008, sending players, in the role of engineer Isaac Clarke, on a terrifying journey through the shadowy interior of the mining ship USG Ishimura, its crew slaughtered by nightmarish creatures known as the necromorphs.
“What followed was a deliciously atmospheric third-person horror adventure that saw players embarking on the mother of all fixer-uppers in order to reactivate the ship and locate Isaac’s missing partner Nicole, engaging lasers to sever innumerable necromorph limbs along the way,” he teases.
As for everything else that was announced at EA Play ? Hit the link to check out our handy recap guide.
- EA Bringing Dead Space Prequel to The Wii
- The Art of fear: How Dead Space was built to scare you
- Kerbal Space Program Adds Space Race Rockets in 'Making History' Game Add-On
- Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut arrives in early 2013
- Discussing The Walking Dead, Fables, and the rebirth of adventure games with Telltale’s CEO
- E3 2019: Three More EA Originals Games Announced Just After EA Play
- Hall of fame: 50 best iPhone and Android original gaming classics
- Low-budget Toy Story remake using original soundtrack and licensed toys goes viral
- Skylake shootout: Which of these cutting-edge gaming desktops dominates?
- Why Even Great Games Can Get Cancelled
- Community Picks: Most Memorable PC Game Glitches
- Community Picks: Favorite In-Game Easter Eggs
- Best apps and games for getting out and enjoying the outdoors
- 15 best simulation games for Android
- Most Memorable Game Levels
- Seagate's 8TB Game Drive Hub expands Xbox One connectivity and storage capacity
- 20 classic games remade on Android with a modern design
- 40 best PC games: the must-play titles you can't afford to miss
- Best free games 2018: the top free games to download on PC
- ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’: News and rumors
Motive's Dead Space remake may use content cut from the original game have 509 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.