That’s right: some Marvel fans think they’ve spotted a possible Fantastic Four Easter egg in the opening minutes of the show’s sixth and final episode (via ComicBook.com ).
The sequence that spans the cosmos in the finale’s opening act brings in famous figures from 20th and 21st Century history. Greta Thunberg, Nelson Mandela and, crucially, Neil Armstrong all feature via voiceovers.
It’s the latter that is drawing the most attention, because it also coincides with a mysterious looking spaceship floating among the stars.
I have seen several hidden elements in the last episode of Loki but the question at this moment is whose is this space ship? I have a feeling that of the fantastic 4.#Loki #LokiLagarto #MarvelStudios #DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness #FantasticFour #LokiWednesdays pic.twitter.com/G9UfwvrKZ6 July 16, 2021
This isn’t a case of putting two and two together and getting five, either. Fantastic Four’s origins revolve heavily around a trip to space gone very, very wrong, even without the Neil Armstrong “One small step for man” quote hammering the point home. In the comics, the group are then exposed to cosmic radiation, which imbues them with superpowers.
It’s a Mister Fantastic-style stretch, sure, but something appears to be brewing. Coincidentally, a reference to Fantastic Four villain Doctor Doom’s fictional country of Latveria didn’t make the cut in Black Widow . It’s also not the first time the Marvel rumor mills have run rampant this year over a potential Fantastic Four setup.
If you recall, a reference to an astronaut training program in WandaVision from Acting Director Hayward sparked off theories that SWORD would have links to Fantastic Four. That has, for now, been unproven – but Fantastic Four is very much officially happening .
Kevin Feige revealed last year that Spider-Man trilogy director Jon Watts would be helming a movie starring Marvel’s First Family. No release date has been given, nor do we know who will be playing Mister Fantastic, Sue Storm, The Human Torch, or The Thing.
But that’s a thread Marvel will pick up in due course. Marvel Phase 4 is already looking stacked, with Jonathan Majors’ Kang the Conqueror set to appear in Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania , Loki season 2 on the cards, and a whole host of new Marvel TV shows and movies to get excited about.
- Game of Thrones author George RR Martin is hiding Muppet references in his books
- Fantastic Four #5 Review: There Is a Fantastic Amount of Awesome In This Book
- 'Harry Potter' Creator JK Rowling Teases a Big Name in New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer
- Fantastic Fest 2019 Wave Two Movies: Knives Out, Color Out of Space, Parasite and More
- Fantastic Beasts First Look at Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander
- Why would someone spend five years retranslating all of Final Fantasy 7?
- Mason Men: George Mason's Cinderella Run to the 2006 Final Four Changed College Basketball Forever
- ‘The Good Doctor’ Finale: Creator David Shore On Tragic Twist & Coronavirus’ Impact On Medical Drama’s Future
- ‘Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Pseudo Finale, COVID-19, Season 11, & Going Urban In Stay-At-Home USA
- ‘Picard’ Finale Recap: An Overstuffed Season Ends on a Hopeful Note
- review: Ride the rails to kaboom-town (finally on PCs, too)
- 'I will tear out this poison by its roots': New Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says SORRY to Jews for 'stain' of anti-Semitism in the party in final swipe at Jeremy Corbyn as he wins leadership vote with 56.2 per cent landslide over rivals
- Is There Any Hope for
- Poem of the week: Skins by Patience Agbabi
- Roger Federer overwhelms Cilic to clinch historic eighth Wimbledon title
- 7 Ways Suicide Squad Could Take The Avengers in a Fight
- Recap: It Does Get Harder
- Mariah Carey conferences in back-up singers, Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes get intimate and Tim McGraw sings from his DIVING BOARD in all-star living room benefit concert hosted by Elton John for COVID-19 relief
- Elton John's living room concert featuring Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys and Camila Cabello raises more than $8M for COVID-19 relief
- Here's Every TV Show Streaming on Disney+ During November Launch
Loki finale could be hiding a Fantastic Four reference in its intro have 700 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.