Genshin Impact’s 2.1 update will reportedly introduce new island Watasumi and an all-new fishing mechanic.
Though not yet formally announced by developer miHoYo, the news comes via trusted Twitter account Genshin Report, and though we don’t know much about the new fishing mechanic – nor how Watasumi will come into play – they did also share renders of three characters already announced to be joining the roster, too: Ball, Kokomi, and Sara.
Genshin Report also teased what they believe to be a new boss called La Signora, including a sneaky, and blurry, screenshot of her in action. Take a look below:
— Genshin Report (@GenshinReport) July 23, 2021
New 2.1 boss spoiler////// pic.twitter.com/w1DOh8mCod
— Genshin Report (@GenshinReport) July 24, 2021
Update 2.1 is expected to release in early September and will be available on PC, PS4, PS5, and mobile devices. There’s still no word on when the Nintendo Switch version will be released but as always, we’ll keep you posted.
A tweet from the official PlayStation Twitter account confirmed the crossover between developers Guerrilla and miHoYo, explaining Aloy will be available as part of the roster “for a limited time”. The tweet didn’t go into a huge amount of detail, but a blog post by miHoYo explained Aloy will be a free five-star character available to all players.
Those with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 accounts will be able to claim Aloy directly through in-game mail after the 2.1 update, while other platforms will be given access following the arrival of update 2.2.
- 'Genshin Impact' Update to Add 4 New Characters and Reputation System
- 'Genshin Impact' Roadmap and Upcoming Update Detailed
- Genshin Impact is adding a new region in December
- Every free Genshin Impact code: Primogems, Mora, XP, and more
- Genshin Impact changes its troublesome Resin system, but not everyone is happy about it
- Genshin Impact is getting even more improvements to its contentious Resin system
- Genshin Impact Adds PS5 Compatibility In New Update
- Genshin Impact's Dragonspire Region Will Arrive In December
- Genshin Impact Is Adding An Item To Make Fast Travel More Convenient
- Genshin Impact developers respond to player feedback
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India's COVID-19 Tally Soars Past 8 Million Mark
- 2022 five-star Jarace Walker updates schools, reclass option
- Houston coronavirus updates: Texas sees nearly 3K new cases
- Washington Fire Map, Update on Catastrophic Wildfires in Cold Springs and Pearl Hill
- Sridevi dies after cardiac arrest in Dubai, autopsy complete, body to be flown to India tomorrow: Updates
- California fires live updates: Hopes for rain fade as fire teams continue war on Glass, August, Creek fires
- Storm Molave continues to impact central provinces
- Coronavirus Impacting Hollywood Offices: Gotham Group, UTA, ICM Partners Latest To Mandate Working From Home – Update
- To Slow Down Climate Change, We Need To Take On Capitalism
- Boarding schools ban term-time visits home, extend Christmas holidays and require at least 'five masks per pupil' as part of a raft of measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19
Genshin Impact's next update takes us fishing and visiting Watasumi have 545 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.