F1 2021 has temporarily removed its ray-tracing capabilities on PlayStation 5 to improve the game’s stability.
Codemasters said the measure was a “difficult decision” but that it would re-enable ray-tracing as soon as it could.
F1 2021 launched for PC, PlayStation and Xbox last month. Ray-tracing in the game’s PC and Xbox Series X versions remains unaffected.
“As such, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily disable it to aid stability. We aim to re-enable this as quickly as possible, and we will provide an update in due course.”
There’s no word yet on when ray-tracing for PS5 will be re-enabled.
“An entertaining and surprisingly effective new story mode heads up an otherwise modest refresh for Codemasters’ official series,” Martin wrote in Eurogamer’s F1 2021 review , nevertheless recommending the game.
- F1 points leader Vettel wins Canadian Grand Prix
- Afghan attacks put aid groups in line of fire
- US, Pakistan seek stability amid Afghan uncertainties
- Aid rushed for Afghan mudslide victims
- Tesla is still going to win the driverless-car race
- Fast Times tries out a homegrown EV and looks at Bacoor’s EV Infrastructure
- These scientists made their own clouds, and what they found could require us to rethink how fast the earth is warming
- Here are the 20 players most likely to switch teams before the MLB trade deadline
- NFL MOCK DRAFT 4.0: Here’s what the experts are predicting for all 31 first-round picks
- The US is going to spend $8 billion on completely useless bombs
- AP: Rohingya methodically raped by Myanmar's armed forces
- Rereading Stephen King: week seven – The Long Walk
- Pacquiao bout a family affair for Mayweathers
- FULL TEXT: Lacson's privilege speech on alleged corruption at Customs
- China rushes relief after Sichuan quake kills 186
- Anxiety mounts as clock ticks down on quake rescue
- PRC served more than 3,000 people both in Metro Manila and Tacloban during papal visit
- A case of protection and obsession
- Juico calls for reassessment of PE and sports
- Rape of Rohingya 'sweeping, methodical'
F1 2021 patch pulls ray-tracing on PS5 "to aid stability" have 333 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.