Death Stranding has sold 5m copies, Kojima Productions has confirmed.
In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz , Kojima Productions’ head of publishing Jay Boor said Death Stranding had performed “quite well”.
Death Stranding launched first on PlayStation 4 in November 2019, then came to PC in July last year. It hits PlayStation 5 in Director’s Cut form (although Hideo Kojima himself isn’t thrilled with it being called a Director’s Cut ) in September.
“With Death Stranding being the first title developed out of Kojima Productions, from a sales perspective, it has performed quite well,” Boor said.
The 5m copies sold mark was achieved as of the end of March, Boor clarified.
To put that into context, Kojima’s last game while at Konami, Metal Gear Solid 5, sold over 6m copies by December 2015 – but that was on more platforms and was achieved in just a few months.
With the PS5 release to come, Death Stranding will no doubt add plenty more sales to its total by the end of this year.
Speaking of the Director’s Cut, this expanded version of Kojima’s post-apocalyptic courier adventure adds new story missions, new combat mechanics, a firing range and… a racing mode .
- Death Stranding is getting its own PS4 Pro hardware bundle
- Sony PS4 at E3 2018: Watch live for more details on Spider-Man, Death Stranding and more
- Every game should copy Death Stranding’s “Very Easy Mode”
- Sony E3 2018: The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, Kingdom Hearts 3 and more
- Nazi war memorabilia including medals with swastikas on them to be sold at auction as Jewish community calls for an end to the 'perverse' deals
- Facebook copied 1.5m users' email contacts
- Facebook swiped 1.5m users' email contacts
- Many of the short stories that inspired Love, Death + Robots are free online
- Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X
- Keyless cars causing dozens of deaths
- All the best trailers from Tokyo Game Show
- The DeanBeat: Where game developers still dare to bet big
- The Modern Lovers, Pere Ubu, and Blondie were ready to rip up 1976
- Cory Barlog: The struggle of making God of War
- PS4 Ships 100 Million Units Worldwide
- The Coolest Games at Gamescom 2019
- PlayStation 4 sales close in on 100 million milestone
- Analysis: Video game spending hits record $1.5B in October, up 73% as new games drive big sales
- Fifty shades of Xi: scores of books praising president published in China
- Yes, Sony is working on the PlayStation 5 — or whatever it’s called
Death Stranding has sold 5m copies have 388 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.