A new update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will add a level scaling option to the game for the first time.
The feature arrives as part of tomorrow’s upcoming Valhalla patch, and lets you override the game’s difficulty settings for different territories.
As it stands, Valhalla offers a range of territories set to difficulties tied to your gear level. You’ll want better gear equipped before venturing too far into its world, though players who have completed the game have said it now lacks challenge as they continue to play.
As you progress through the game, you are meant to become other-worldly powerful through the use of passive skills and unlockable abilities to chop various limbs off.
That’s why, with level scaling disabled, Valhalla lets you “feel the evolution of their character and crush their enemies”, as foes “spawn exactly as presribed in the region description”.
But new settings for “Constant”, “Harder”, and “Nightmarish” will make the game more challenging for those who want it.
Level Scaling is coming to Assassin?s Creed Valhalla on Tuesday, July 27! ? You may choose from 5 options, from ‘off’ to Nightmarish. ? pic.twitter.com/pGz2oTjZZY
— Assassin’s Creed (@assassinscreed) July 23, 2021
This week’s update also adds support for one-handed swords – a long-time fan request.
Ubisoft is due to release full patch notes for the update tomorrow, 27th July. We’re expecting to hear word soon on when the game’s summer festival is to take place, and when its second major expansion – The Siege of Paris – will unlock.
Beyond that, Valhalla has a second year of expansions coming – a first for the Assassin’s Creed series.
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Second Episode of DLC, Level Scaling Options and More in the January Update
- GT Sport is the UK’s Best Selling Racing Game on Black Friday Week
- 2019 Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep: Sleepers 2.0 adds Pete Alonso, Marco Gonzales to the list
- 2019 Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep: Busts 2.0 adds Kenley Jansen, Mike Moustakas to the list
- The best new cars for £100 per week or less
- This Week In Cars: McLaren Sharpens Up, Ford Gains an Edge, and a Byton
- Playing the Field: How to do Monterey Car Week in Classic Style
- SRT Hellcats Everywhere: The Book of Bondurant Adds A New Chapter
- BMW, Intel, Mobileye Add Delphi to Self-Driving Tech Partnership
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding: Fight prediction, card, odds, undercard, expert pick
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding: Prediction, fight card, odds, date, expert pick, DAZN
- Racetrack Noise Legislation – Shhhhhhhh…
- WWE 2K20: 2K should give the WWE series a break
- Here are the new albums to expect this May
- Jo Nesbo puts a Nordic chill on ‘Macbeth’
- Lenovo Yoga Book Review: Is It Good for Business?
- 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Knicks get Zion Williamson, but Cavs pass on Ja Morant for RJ Barrett
- Unboxing the Xbox One X 1TB Review Unit
- Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury in perspective
- 1970 Buick GS 455 – Auto News and Events
Assassin's Creed Valhalla adds level scaling this week have 501 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.