The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is out now – and its PC port has been found wanting.
The PC version of this action game collection is bare bones, with severely limited customisation and graphics options.
It does not support mouse and keyboard, forcing PC users to play with a controller. A controller is perhaps preferable for Ninja Gaiden, but to not provide the option of mouse and keyboard is shocking.
To play in fullscreen mode you have to launch the game and then click the maximise icon in the upper-right of the title bar. The game starts in windowed mode every time.
But perhaps the most remarkable aspect of this PC port is how you change the resolution. When the game starts, it determines the resolution that’s most appropriate for your setup: either 1920×1080 (1080p) or 3840×2160 (4k). 1440p resolution is not supported, and the game appears to be locked at 60 frames per second.
In most games, you’re able to change the resolution via in-game settings. Not so in The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection. To set a specific resolution, you have to open the game’s properties from your Steam library, and manually enter the resolution you want (“720p”, “1080p” or “4k”) in the text field of Launch Options.
There are no other performance settings. “By setting the game to a low resolution, you can reduce the processing load,” is Koei Tecmo’s note to players.
Early anecdotal reports from players suggest the £30 Ninja Gaiden Master Collection does run well on PC, but the lack of any basic PC-specific features is a bad look for Koei Tecmo.
As you’d expect, the negative reviews are hitting Steam. “At least Ninja Gaiden is FINALLY on PC but I almost wish it didn’t happen if it means it’ll be like this,” wrote user Luke .
“I hope that Tecmo will address some of these egregious issues but I don’t have my hopes up.”
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection to Add Forge Maps From Halo 3, 4, and Reach
- Best PC gaming deals of the week - 27th March 2020
- Best PC gaming deals of the week - 3rd April 2020
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fans Celebrate Live-Action Film's 30th Anniversary
- 'Halo' Insider Program Announced For 'The Master Chief Collection' on PC
- Best horror games 2020: the scariest games to play on console and PC
- Resident Evil 3 PC performance: the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 is undead
- Xbox Fans Argue That Halo's Master Chief Is Gaming's Best Character
- Save up to 40% on Microsoft Surface Go, Surface Pro, Surface Headphones
- The PC master race is 'decimating' Switch players in Jedi Academy crossplay
- Master Chief Voice Actor Donates Cameo Proceeds Project C.U.R.E
- Halo 2: Anniversary Master Chief Collection New Images And Details Revealed For PC Release
- Best co-op games 2020: top games you can share with friends on console and PC
- Halo 2: Anniversary Expands PC Testing, But Spots Are Still Very Limited
- Best single-player games 2020: the top games for playing solo on console and PC
- Jedi Academy will fix the "loophole" letting PC players grief new console players
- review: Ride the rails to kaboom-town (finally on PCs, too)
- The Outer Worlds' Nintendo Switch port gets June 5 launch date following coronavirus-related delay
- Best indie games on PC and consoles 2020: the greatest hidden gems
- The reasons you need to buy Left 4 Dead 2 on PC
The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection PC port isn't going down well have 536 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.