Square Enix says it is “pleasantly surprised” by the success of its new IP, Outriders, stating “the digital sales ratio for the title have been very high” and insisting that its “decision to make Outriders available with Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass as soon as the title launched also worked in [its] favour”.
Xbox teased the shooter was coming to Xbox Game Pass just a couple of weeks before release, and swiftly became one of the service’s most high-profile Game Pass offerings. Now, a few months on, Square Enix says that despite the “slight issues” with bugs and server instability, it has “gotten off to a good start as a new IP”.
“In regards to the response to Outriders, while there were slight issues with bugs and the like on launch, we believe it has gotten off to a good start as a new IP,” Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda told investors at a financial briefing back in May, the English translation of which was published today (thanks, VGC ).
“In addition, we have been pleasantly surprised as the digital sales ratio for the title have been very high, and the number of active users has also beaten our expectations.
“We believe that our decision to make Outriders available with Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass as soon as the title launched also worked in our favour.”
As Wes reported yesterday, Outriders’ next patch tackles one of the biggest issues with the game: the dreaded grind for legendaries.
In a post on reddit, Outriders’ community manager from publisher Square Enix ‘thearcan’ outlined a raft of changes coming to the looter shooter in a patch set for early next week. Chief among them is a significant change to legendary drops, which will increase by 100 percent across the board with this update .
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Deal: Get 6 Months For $45
- Square Enix Eidos Anthology affords 54 games at a 95 percent discount
- Xbox Game Pass deals, plus every available Xbox One, PC, and Xbox 360 game in 2020
- Square Enix To Hold Individual Game Announcements Instead Of E3-Style Event
- Get 54 Steam Games For Under $40 In Latest Square Enix Bundle Benefiting Charity
- Games With Gold For April 2020: Last Chance To Claim Free Xbox Games
- Phil Spencer says next year's games are more likely to be hit by coronavirus delays than this year's
- LSU coach Ed Orgeron says staff back on campus while working online with players, recruits
- Everything from Inside Xbox: Assassin’s Creed, Dirt 5, Vampire, and more
- List of every game confirmed for PlayStation 5
- The best PS4 games for May 2020
- Xbox Series X games, specs, backward compatibility and everything we know so far
- Every Free Game You Can Claim Right Now: PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More
- Free Games You Can Claim Right Now: PC, PS4, Xbox One, And More
- Free Games You Can Own Right Now: PC, PS4, Xbox One, And More
- Free Games You Can Play Right Now: PC, PS4, Xbox One, And More
- Free Games You Can Play Right Now: PC, PS4, Xbox One, And More--Get GTAV For Free
- Free Games You Can Own On PC, PS4, Xbox One, And More--Get GTA V For Free
- Free Games You Can Own On PC, PS4, Xbox One, And More--Get GTA 5 For Free
- Giant PC Sale Features Free Games, Flash Deals, And More
Square Enix says putting Outriders on Xbox Game Pass has "worked in its favour" have 536 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.