PUBG’s bots have never been particularly popular with the community ever since they were introduced to public matchmaking, but a recent update transformed the bumbling bots into something far worse: horrifyingly accurate aimbots.
Patch 12.1 brought with it some changes to bot AI , which were – in theory – supposed to improve their behaviour, but it seems PUBG Corp made them a little too good. Players took to Reddit to document these machines of terror, pointing out that they were behaving like cheaters. Those who spectated the bots or replayed death cams discovered they effectively had wall hacks and aimbot enabled, with the bots spinning around to obliterate players with unnerving speed and accuracy.
“They’re ‘aim bots’ now and that’s no joke,” said appropriately-named Reddit user Morbidly Tortured . “I got taken out by a bot from 200 meters out. It auto locked on to me and hit every shot. I almost reported it until I spectated for about three minutes and noticed it was a bot with how it was running, stopping, going prone.”
“Yo dog we heard you hate cheaters, so we put in bots with cheats enabled,” said user Alucard1331 .
— BadUglyUSA (@BadUglyUSA) June 4, 2021
PUBG Corp has now officially recognised the problem, and a fix has been rolled out to end the tyranny of the bots.
“In response to recent player feedback, we have deployed an update with additional changes to the bot balance adjustments applied in Update 12.1; reducing the overall strength and effectiveness of bots when engaged in combat against players,” say the patch notes . “We are closely monitoring player sentiment related to bots and will make additional changes if needed, please continue sharing your feedback with us.”
The notes detail that bots will now have reduced accuracy when shooting players, and will be less likely to use full-auto at distance – instead favouring single-fire mode until they get up real close and personal. Their reaction times have also been decreased, making them a little slower to engage after finding a target. With these changes, hopefully the bots will calm down a little – and players will at least be able to tell the bots from the cheaters.
- Lingerie model who romped with Amir Khan behind his pregnant wife’s back claims she told Faryal Makhdoom ‘he was a dirty love rat’
- Firefighter who heard Princess Diana’s final words tells how he thought he’d saved her life after giving her CPR
- New York jogger Karina Vetrano’s family break down as killer reveals her harrowing final moments
- Young man 'cupped male flight attendant's genitals' after 'getting drunk to calm nerves' on first holiday with girlfriend
- Stoke City v Huddersfield Town: Keep calm and carry on ... Christopher Schindler’s message to Terriers
- Japan trade minister calls for calm heads over U.S. tariffs
- May's deputy appeals in vain for calm amid fresh Tory infighting
- Arsenal vs Cologne: Jack Wilshere warned by Arsene Wenger to remain calm as he’s handed Europa League lifeline
- 1 cent döner: police calm crowds after kebab shop opens with very generous offer
- Jacqueline Jossa tells haters to 'calm down' as she posts picture of daughter Ella with make-up brush
- Moment Manchester carjacker killer calmly visits pub to ‘act normal’ after mowing down ex-Navy officer
- Keep calm, Konta ready to carry on
- How Jimmy Armfield took Leeds United from a pantomime to Paris and the European Cup final
- The 'cool, calm, calculated' sex attacker who stalked his victims
- Ischgl: How the 'Ibiza of the Alps' calmed down (just a bit)
- Premature baby defies the odds after nurses told parents he was 'growing his angel wings' for heaven
- DB Cooper mystery of businessman who hijacked plane with bag full of cash could finally be solved
- Paul Hollywood: ‘David Walliams told me to embrace being the villain’ over GBBO move
- Grieving mum ‘looking forward to the day’ she’s finally granted a divorce from sick husband who murdered their young boys
- Bob Wilson backs David Ospina ahead of Carabao Cup final appearance
PUBG's "cheater bots" have finally been told to calm down have 736 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.