Beloved platforming mascot Spyro the dragon will ride again in the new season of free-to-play mobile game Crash Bandicoot: On the Run.
Made by King, Activision’s mobile arm, the hugely-lucrative On the Run launches its third season, Battle of the Dragons, today, 10th June.
Spyro will make an appearance, but can you actually play as Spyro? It looks like you’ll get a Spyro-themed skin for Crash – so maybe that’s as close as it gets.
Battle of the Dragons also adds a new land to explore, plus Spyro series villains Dark Spyro and Gnasty Gnorc to defeat.
Other new bosses include Crash veterans N.Gin and Koala Kong (no relation).
So, when might we see a new Spyro platformer for consoles? Or another Crash Bandicoot, for that matter? Despite successful remaster trilogy releases and Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time selling well last year, things don’t look too promising.
Activision’s Toys for Bob studio, which developed Crash 4 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, is now focused on Call of Duty: Warzone . The California-based studio suffered multiple staff exits as part of the shift.
Meanwhile, Activision’s Vicarious Visions, which developed Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy as well as Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, has been shuffled over to work with Blizzard .
Nearly every remaining Activision studio is now working on some part of the Call of Duty franchise.
In the meantime, Crash Bandicoot: On the Run has been doing the numbers . It enjoyed a bigger launch than many other games launched by King, such as Bubble Witch 3 Saga. Only Candy Crush Jelly Saga earned more (almost $1.5m in a week), though was downloaded around half as many times.
- Bellew shocks MAS with departure announcement, says return to RyanAir is ‘form of national service’
- Honda announces fourth return to Formula One grid
- Royal Bank of Scotland picks new head, returns to profit
- Jaguar returns to racing
- Ginobili says he will return for 15th season
- ONE returns to Manila Dec.2
- Return of a legendary French sports carmaker
- Le Tour De Filipinas returns to Legazpi City
- Sarah Michelle Gellar confirms she’s returning for the ‘Cruel Intentions’ TV pilot
- Annual Danish Film Festival returns to Manila
- Buhari returns to Nigeria after London treatment
- Ex-PM Blair announces comeback to fight Brexit
- Activision Blizzard wants eSports to be big league
- Everything we know about the new ‘Call of Duty,’ which is returning to World War II
- This simple chart shows why Activision is paying $5.9 billion for Candy Crush maker King
- Nintendo just announced a new game console — here’s everything we know
- The newest ‘Call of Duty’ game is returning to where the series started: World War II
- Lebanese Cardinal: PM's return home from Saudi essential
- Tiger Woods is closer to returning than anybody knew
- Tiger Woods announces he is planning to return to the PGA Tour in October
Activision announces Spyro's return have 459 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.