Beloved platforming mascot Spyro the dragon will ride again in the new season of free-to-play mobile game Crash Bandicoot: On the Run.
Made by King, Activision’s mobile arm, the hugely-lucrative On the Run launches its third season, Battle of the Dragons, today, 10th June.
Spyro will make an appearance, but can you actually play as Spyro? It looks like you’ll get a Spyro-themed skin for Crash – so maybe that’s as close as it gets.
Battle of the Dragons also adds a new land to explore, plus Spyro series villains Dark Spyro and Gnasty Gnorc to defeat.
Other new bosses include Crash veterans N.Gin and Koala Kong (no relation).
So, when might we see a new Spyro platformer for consoles? Or another Crash Bandicoot, for that matter? Despite successful remaster trilogy releases and Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time selling well last year, things don’t look too promising.
Activision’s Toys for Bob studio, which developed Crash 4 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, is now focused on Call of Duty: Warzone . The California-based studio suffered multiple staff exits as part of the shift.
Meanwhile, Activision’s Vicarious Visions, which developed Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy as well as Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, has been shuffled over to work with Blizzard .
Nearly every remaining Activision studio is now working on some part of the Call of Duty franchise.
In the meantime, Crash Bandicoot: On the Run has been doing the numbers . It enjoyed a bigger launch than many other games launched by King, such as Bubble Witch 3 Saga. Only Candy Crush Jelly Saga earned more (almost $1.5m in a week), though was downloaded around half as many times.
- Big E Announced for Return to Action on SmackDown Live
- Activision's F2P battle royale entry, Call of Duty: Warzone, launches tomorrow
- Activision Kicking Off Live Streams This Week With Big Announcement, Possibly Call of Duty Related
- Sledgehammer Games Co-Founder Glen Schofield Leaves Activision
- Tony Hawk No Longer Working With Activision, Pro Skater Series May Be Dead
- Activision is removing this popular game mode from Call of Duty Mobile
- Pence says Americans returning from coronavirus 'epicenter' Europe will be 'funneled' through THIRTEEN airports before 14-day self-quarantine - but doesn't give specifics as experts warn Trump's travel ban won't stop virus spread
- 'No one has told me to self-isolate...I just want to get back to work': Uber driver is among hundreds returning to Britain from locked-down Italy who say there are NO coronavirus checks or advice at UK airports
- Qantas announces HUGE changes to flights due to coronavirus outbreak and grounds almost entire fleet of A380s as CEO Alan Joyce slashes salaries - here's how it will impact you
- WWE announce Undertaker-AJ Styles contract signing and two big returns
- Paige to return to action before WWE Wrestlemania 36?
- The 13 airports that will let Americans in from Europe: Trump's coronavirus travel ban kicks in but citizens who return WON'T be tested or quarantined at 'funnel points'
- 'American Horror Story': Emma Roberts Returning as Madison Montgomery for Season 8
- Amy Childs confirms she is returning to TOWIE for 10 year anniversary special as she credits reality TV return with 'getting my confidence back'
- Jeff Hardy and Paige Returning to WWE SmackDown This Week
- Wuhan coronavirus death toll tops 900 as China cautiously returns to work
- Justin Trudeau's wife is being tested for coronavirus after returning from the UK with 'flu-like symptoms' - prompting the Canadian Prime Minister to self-isolate and work from home
- DuckTales Season 3 Premiere Date Announced
- ITV announces return of spoof comedy Spitting Image – with Harry and Meghan in the firing line
- Spitting Image returns! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will face brutal mauling alongside Dominic Cummings and Donald Trump when satirical puppet show makes comedy comeback after 24 years
Activision announces Spyro's return have 609 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.