Blue Box Game Studios, the indie developer at the heart of a bizarre internet conspiracy involving Hideo Kojima, has once again denied it has any involvement with the Metal Gear Solid maker.
In a video message posted this morning, director Hasan Kahraman faced the camera to pass on a message Blue Box has now stated repeatedly: it is not involved with Kojima, and it is not working on a new Silent Hill game.
Why is Blue Box still having to state this? On the one hand, there’s no controlling the internet’s love of a good Kojima conspiracy theory. After all, Blue Box denying all this is surely just proof of the conspiracy!
Discussion has also been fuelled over the past week as various industry figures have stated they are in contact with Blue Box – including Summer Game Fest’s Geoff Keighley and Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier – in order to uncover the truth .
And, of course, Blue Box has in the past stoked the flames of this rumour itself. In a now-deleted tweet posted on 15th June, the developer teased its upcoming project Abandoned actually had a new name “first letter S, last letter L”.
So, what is Blue Box actually up to? Apart from stirring up vast amounts of misplaced internet interest, it is working on Abandoned, a creepy indie survival horror for PlayStation 5. All evidence, so far, points to that being it.
Quick message from Hasan: pic.twitter.com/1oVeaMvu3w
— BLUE BOX Game Studios (@BBGameStudios) June 22, 2021
“I’m a real person,” Kahraman said in his video statement. “I’m not really associated with Hideo Kojima, I’m not an actor, I’m not working on Silent Hill.
“I just wanted to show you guys my face and that I’m real. And hopefully we’ll do a Q&A soon, we’ll just figure out when it will be and we’ll talk more.”
- Thinking outside the box: TV shows that defined the last 19 years
- Man City transfer news recap deadline day highlights as Palaversa signs
- How many points will Stoke City take from their Christmas and New Year games?
- Leroy Sane scores winner as Man City close in on Liverpool in pulsating victory
- Leroy Sane scores winner as Man City close in on Liverpool with pulsating victory
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer off to perfect start as Manchester United hit five past hopeless Cardiff
- World's most secret places
- Transfer news live: Man United linked with Gareth Bale swoop
- I was Ann Lovett’s boyfriend
- These were Derby and Derbyshire's biggest stories in 2018
- Tottenham vs Chelsea LIVE score: Team news, TV channel and live stream
- The 12th man column: 'Wigan Athletic's performance silenced the critics of Paul Cook'
- Gangsters' threat to chop mum's head off with industrial saw
- Can we call Margaret Thatcher a feminist? ‘I think you can’
- Xherdan Shaqiri off bench for deflected double as Liverpool defeat Jose's pitiful Pogba-free United
- Champagne Supernova...inside Barry Egan's star-studded Dublin Christmas Party
- Billy Charlton trial: Protester says comparing Grenfell Tower fire tragedy to events in Sunderland was a 'bad analogy'
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some around the world who died in 2018
- Breakthrough: DNA could crack Kirsty Bentley murder case
- The 17 people who have been in court in Hull this week
Abandoned dev Blue Box denies Kojima collab rumours yet again have 580 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 22, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.