New hardware details for Nintendo Switch Pro may have surfaced through an alleged leak from a third-party peripheral manufacturer.
The leak was shared by Spanish gaming site Vandal (via ResetEra ), and it pertains to the new Switch hardware revision which recent reports have indicated will be officially revealed before the start of E3 2021 – and which Nintendo has never called Switch Pro, at least in any official capacity. The nickname has just stuck.
According to Vandal’s source, the new Switch will be a similar size to the current model but with a significantly larger screen. This will be achieved by reducing the size of the black plastic bezel, increasing the total real estate taken up by the screen itself. The report also indicates that the new Switch will use an OLED screen, which lines up with info pulled from a display manufacturer’s investor briefing earlier this month.
On the flipside, the new Switch will reportedly replace the original version’s notoriously flimsy kickstand with a larger support that runs the length of the system, folding out much like the stand on a Microsoft Surface tablet. It’s a weird thing to get excited about, but I’ve always loved my Surface’s stand (it’s very flexible but also quite sturdy) so this comparison makes me happy.
The last big detail in the report is the new dock, which will allegedly be slightly wider to accommodate a Nintendo console’s first ever built-in ethernet port as well as two USB 3.0 ports. All of these details should be taken with a grain of salt until we get any official word about the console from Nintendo, but it sounds like we may not have to wait much longer for that.
See what you could play on your fancy new Switch with our guide to upcoming Switch games for 2021 and beyond.
- iPhone 11 and 11 Pro, 2 months later: The ultrawide camera is still our favorite thing
- LG G8X ThinQ Dual Screen review: For $700, better productivity than the Galaxy Fold
- MacBook Air or MacBook Pro: Which Should You Buy?
- The MacBook Pro Touch Bar Sucks, So I Disabled It
- Acer Aspire Switch 10 E review
- How the Internet and a New Generation of Superfans Helped Create the Second Comedy Boom
- Dealmaster: Get $30 in Amazon credit when you buy a new Nintendo Switch
- Logitech G PRO X review: Ranks high on build quality & comfort, mic clarity is a highlight
- 5 Apps to Improve Your Posture and Fix Back or Neck Pain
- Switched: The Convert’s Guide to the Mac and OS X
- 2019 BMW 3 Series Debuts In Paris With Bigger Body And Bolder Look
- 6 Tips to Improve Your Mac Gaming Experience
- LG G8X ThinQ Dual Screen, long-term test: Two screens good, but beware bulk and battery life
- iPad Pro vs. Surface Pro 6: Which Is the Best Laptop Replacement?
- Surface Pro X and Microsoft's touchscreen reckoning
- How to Analyze and Improve Your Wi-Fi Network With Your Mac
- 9 Essential Apps to Personalize Your Android Home Screen
- Internet-based and open source: How e-voting works around the globe
- Honor 20 Pro gets a pearl-hued Frost color
- The Best Mini Tablet PC or Convertible Hybrid
Switch Pro may have a bigger OLED screen, improved stand, and wired internet have 509 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at May 28, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.