New hardware details for Nintendo Switch Pro may have surfaced through an alleged leak from a third-party peripheral manufacturer.
The leak was shared by Spanish gaming site Vandal (via ResetEra ), and it pertains to the new Switch hardware revision which recent reports have indicated will be officially revealed before the start of E3 2021 – and which Nintendo has never called Switch Pro, at least in any official capacity. The nickname has just stuck.
According to Vandal’s source, the new Switch will be a similar size to the current model but with a significantly larger screen. This will be achieved by reducing the size of the black plastic bezel, increasing the total real estate taken up by the screen itself. The report also indicates that the new Switch will use an OLED screen, which lines up with info pulled from a display manufacturer’s investor briefing earlier this month.
On the flipside, the new Switch will reportedly replace the original version’s notoriously flimsy kickstand with a larger support that runs the length of the system, folding out much like the stand on a Microsoft Surface tablet. It’s a weird thing to get excited about, but I’ve always loved my Surface’s stand (it’s very flexible but also quite sturdy) so this comparison makes me happy.
The last big detail in the report is the new dock, which will allegedly be slightly wider to accommodate a Nintendo console’s first ever built-in ethernet port as well as two USB 3.0 ports. All of these details should be taken with a grain of salt until we get any official word about the console from Nintendo, but it sounds like we may not have to wait much longer for that.
See what you could play on your fancy new Switch with our guide to upcoming Switch games for 2021 and beyond.
- Hands on: Sony Bravia A9F OLED (XBR-65A9F) review
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro: Everything we know about Apple’s rumored jumbo laptop
- Nyko Nintendo Switch Accessory Review Rush Mode [Updating]
- MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (13-inch, mid-2018) review
- MacBook Pro 2019: what we want to see
- Nintendo Switch Review: Plays
- The MOGA Pro Should Have Led The Android Gamepad Invasion
- Nintendo Switch GripCase & MaxCarry Case Review
- Friday's Best Deals: Philips Hue Lights, Standing Desk, Camera-Equipped Drone, and More
- Saturday's Best Deals: OLED TVs,
- Tuesday's Best Deals: OLED TVs, Dress Shoes, Swimwear, and More
- Apple MacBook Pro 13-Inch (2018, Touch Bar)
- Friday's Best Deals: Standing Desk, Smart Lighting Kits, Dolby Atmos Receiver, and More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 hands-on: S Pen the stand-out feature amid expected horsepower boost
- Tuesday's Best Deals: Instant Pot Ultra, OLED TV, Audio-Technica Headphones, and More
- Thursday's Best Deals: Standing Desk, Robotic Vacuum, Lightning Cables, and More
- Cyber Monday 2018 Walmart deals: $100 off iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, $130 Nintendo Switch 2DSXL and more
- Samsung’s Latest Tablet is Trying to Out Pro the iPad
- The Xbox One Dashboard Is Definitely a Next-Gen Improvement
- ‘We Want to Link the Net to Real Places and Improve Communities’
Switch Pro may have a bigger OLED screen, improved stand, and wired internet have 490 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at May 28, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.