New hardware details for Nintendo Switch Pro may have surfaced through an alleged leak from a third-party peripheral manufacturer.
The leak was shared by Spanish gaming site Vandal (via ResetEra ), and it pertains to the new Switch hardware revision which recent reports have indicated will be officially revealed before the start of E3 2021 – and which Nintendo has never called Switch Pro, at least in any official capacity. The nickname has just stuck.
According to Vandal’s source, the new Switch will be a similar size to the current model but with a significantly larger screen. This will be achieved by reducing the size of the black plastic bezel, increasing the total real estate taken up by the screen itself. The report also indicates that the new Switch will use an OLED screen, which lines up with info pulled from a display manufacturer’s investor briefing earlier this month.
On the flipside, the new Switch will reportedly replace the original version’s notoriously flimsy kickstand with a larger support that runs the length of the system, folding out much like the stand on a Microsoft Surface tablet. It’s a weird thing to get excited about, but I’ve always loved my Surface’s stand (it’s very flexible but also quite sturdy) so this comparison makes me happy.
The last big detail in the report is the new dock, which will allegedly be slightly wider to accommodate a Nintendo console’s first ever built-in ethernet port as well as two USB 3.0 ports. All of these details should be taken with a grain of salt until we get any official word about the console from Nintendo, but it sounds like we may not have to wait much longer for that.
See what you could play on your fancy new Switch with our guide to upcoming Switch games for 2021 and beyond.
- The best Nintendo Switch controllers for 2019
- Huawei's Mate 20 Pro Is a Technical Marvel
- Nintendo Switch Reportedly Getting Screen Upgrade Fixing One of Its Biggest User Complaints
- Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Review
- Beyond the Gamepad: Alternative Controllers for Your Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One
- LG OLED55B6P 4K HDR OLED TV Review
- The internet is fucked (again)
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- The MacBook Pro's Touch Bar Is a Gimmick That's Not Worth the Money (Yet)
- Amazon Echo Show (2nd gen) review: Alexa's bigger, brighter smart display
- Microsoft Surface Pro Review: Too Much Future?
- Apple iMac Pro news: everything you need to know about the professional desktop
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro review: The 64MP camera manages to stand out
- Huawei goes camera crazy with the new P20 Pro
- HTC Vive vs. Vive Pro
- Redmi Note 7 Pro review: At Rs 13,999, this one is a clear winner
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max: 6 things you didn't know about Apple's new phones
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review—The fastest, best-designed, best-value Android phone
- iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max review: High quality for high prices
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max: Hands-on with Apple’s new phones
Switch Pro may have a bigger OLED screen, improved stand, and wired internet have 495 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at May 28, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.