Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes (Image: NINTENDO)
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
With this year’s online-only E3 event scheduled to take place soon, lots of information is starting to leak out about what to expect.
This includes news of an imminent Nintendo Direct event focused on upcoming Pokemon games.
According to a new leak by industry insider Kelios, Nintendo will hold a Pokemon Direct presentation in early June.
Kelios – whose track record is pretty good – claims that the Direct will feature Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl release dates.
Fans will also be given a look at free-to-play MOBA Pokemon Unite, which is coming to iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch .
Needless to say, there’s a very good chance we’ll find out more about Pokemon Legends: Arceus, which launches in 2022.
In addition to the rumoured Pokemon Direct, Nintendo is likely to hold presentations dedicated to new and upcoming Switch games.
Traditionally held around the same time as the E3 gaming expo, the new Direct will likely feature fresh details on Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4 and perhaps even Bayonetta 3.
As for the new Pokemon games, long-time fans will be looking forward to discovering more about Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Dw, and yep Pokémon Presents incoming early June to announce Pokémon UNITE release, BDSP release date etc.
— Kelios (@KeliosFR) May 16, 2021
“Adventures in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl will take place in the Sinnoh region,” reads the official description.
“Rich in nature and with towering Mount Coronet at its heart, Sinnoh is a land of many myths passed down through the ages. You'll visit many different locations in the Sinnoh region, while striving to become the Champion of the Pokémon League.
“The original story has been faithfully reproduced, and the sense of scale in the originals' towns and routes has been carefully preserved.
“People who played Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl can revisit familiar places and relive familiar scenes once more. For those setting out through Sinnoh for the first time, plenty of new encounters and surprises await.”
Pokemon Unite, meanwhile, is a five-vs-five team-based battle game that will be available for free.
“Pokémon UNITE is a strategic team battle game being developed jointly by The Pokémon Company and Tencent Games' TiMi Studios.
“Pokémon UNITE is planned as a cross-platform game for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices and will be free-to-start.
“In this game, players face off against each other in 5-on-5 team battles. During battles, players will cooperate with teammates to catch wild Pokémon, level up and evolve their own Pokémon, and defeat opponents' Pokémon while trying to earn more points than the opposing team within the allotted time.
“Pokémon UNITE introduces a new kind of Pokémon battle—one that requires teamwork and strategy. It is simple and yet full of intricacies waiting to be unpacked.”
- E3 2019: Watch Dogs Legion First Gameplay And Release Date Revealed
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Everything we know after the new Nintendo Direct
- Octopath Traveler Gets Two New Character Reveals and Release Date
- Square Enix E3 2019: Final Fantasy 7 Remake Gets New Trailer, Release Date
- E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule (UK Times) - Nintendo Direct Reveals Zelda: Breath Of The Wild 2
- E3 2019: Nintendo Direct Liveblog Recap - Zelda: Breath Of The Wild 2, Banjo In Smash Bros.
- Marvel's Avengers Game, Release Date, Beta Revealed At Square Enix's E3 2019 Conference
- Destiny 2: Curse Of Osiris DLC Expansion Trailer Confirms Release Date
- Nintendo Announces A Bunch Of Switch Indie Game News
- Introducing... The Nintendo 2DS. No, That's Not a Typo.
- Top 5 Awesome Games Announced For Nintendo Switch At E3 2019
- Gets A Full Retail Release August 25
- Nintendo Switch Online's September release window gets narrowed down
- Square Enix News From E3 2019: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Marvel's Avengers,And More
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Pre-Order Guide: Bonuses, Special Editions, And More
- E3 2017: Pokemon Go’s raiding, gym revamp, badges, and an interview with Niantic
- Square Enix Doesn't Know How Many Games Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Span
- E3 2019: Full Press Conference Schedule (Australian Times And Dates)
- New Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trailer Revealed During PS4's State Of Play Presentation
- Hands-on: Diablo 3 goes portable on the Nintendo Switch
Pokemon Nintendo Direct: Release date reveals for Diamond and Pearl remakes have 807 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 18, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.