As the Epic Games v. Apple trial got underway, the proceeding devolved into chaos with the audience–including what appeared to be a number of kids–yelling for the judge to bring Fortnite back to mobile devices. This went on for nearly 20 minutes before the court muted the line.
According to The Verge , more than 200 participants dialed into the public line. As the court was getting things going, those who called in started screaming “free Fortnite” and “bring back Fortnite on mobile please judge.” There were a few even promoting their YouTube channels or speaking directly to other audience members.
The court attempted to mute calls on several occasions but failed as the shouts continued coming in. Some 15 minutes later, order was established so Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney could make his case against Apple.
The trial also experienced several audio drops in the middle of the proceeding.
Epic Games alleges that Apple’s App Store creates a monopoly and wants the company to adjust its policies towards everyone. Apple disagrees, saying its App Store profits are a large portion of company revenue.
The trial will take place on Mondays-Thursdays from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM PT / 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM ET . It’s expected to last three weeks. Be sure to keep up with our ongoing summary of all the trial events for more details.
- Free news gets scarcer as paywalls tighten
- Who’s on The Jonathan Ross Show tonight and what time does it start? Harry Styles, Suranne Jones and Mo Farah join
- How Britain's biggest love rat was finally brought to justice by the women he shamelessly cheated and conned
- Man found GUILTY of murdering Cheshire Oaks worker Tyler Denton
- Pakistanis indulge in 'Ludo Star' wars
- How Facebook Helps Shady Advertisers Pollute the Internet
- Love rat conman nicknamed 'Shrek' by one victim marries AGAIN while on run from police
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Team of amputee veterans inspired millions when they rowed for 46 46 back-breaking days across the Atlantic
- Dogs like Boo can mean the difference between life and death for veterans
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so he knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb
- The best Black Friday cruise holiday deals including luxury packages to the Caribbean
- Full list of Grammy Award winners
- Sheridan Smith checks in for two week stay at detox retreat in Turkey loved by hard-living celebs
- Foo Fighter’s Dave Grohl ‘fell into depression’ after he broke his leg two years ago falling off a stage
- Now TV offers: The streaming service releases early 2 for 1 Black Friday deals
- Now TV Black Friday deals: The streaming service releases 2 for 1 offer
- Now TV offers and deals: Here's how you can save over £200 on a 12 month Sky Sports bundle from NOW TV
- Review: A weekend at Disneyland Paris is magic for all ages
- Celebrity deaths in 2017: Famous faces gone too soon including David Cassidy and Rodney Bewes
Epic Games v. Apple Trial Starts With Audience Screaming "Free Fortnite" have 480 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.