The Slormlancer (not a typo), a Diablo-like action RPG with pixel graphics and a decidedly more tongue-in-cheek tone, has launched on Steam Early Access . As it is with ARPGs, hacking, slashing, looting, upgrading, and skilling up is the name of the game in The Slormlancer, but here we get a sense of humor that could be refreshing if you’re tired of the typically grim genre trappings. Developer Slormlite Studios describes The Slormlancer as “an absurd yet epic” ARPG with “an irrational story,” but the game looks a lot more substantive than its silliness suggests. There are three different classes to choose from with 200 unique abilities, upgrades, and passives each, as well as 120 different weapons, seven distinct environments, over 400 achievements to unlock, and even a standalone soundtrack you can buy. “The Slormancer is an epic 2D Action-RPG Dungeon Crawling game following a band of outcasts on their fight against hordes of enemies led by The Slormancer! Play as a ‘Mighty’ Knight, a ‘Fierce’ Huntress or a ‘Mischievous’ Mage, master hundreds of abilities and ancestral powers, gear up, fight for the reputation of your kind and prove your value to the realm,” reads the synopsis. Slormlite says a couple of… Read full this story
- Hyper Scape leaves early access with its first season next month
- But the work of Halo Infinite's art director is stunning
- What game would you like to see tackle a different genre?
- Google Pixel 4a release date, price, specs, leaks and everything we know so far
- Chatting with Google’s Hiroshi Lockheimer about Pixel, Android OEMs, and more
- A woeful errand through pixels and music in Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- Cyberpunk 2077 concept art has a really weird dog and I'm into it
- Online art brings more than just wasting time
- Weekly dossier: Gautam Shah, Sunil Singhania, Madhu Kela and others on markets, economy and the art of investing
- Caves Of Qud's biggest update ever also has the best patch notes
The Slormlancer is like a silly pixel art Diablo, and it's out on Early Access have 315 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.