The ESRB listing for Resident Evil Village has appeared publicly on the organization’s website, and it offers a glimpse at some of the horrors that will await players as they explore the game’s titular locale. Not surprisingly, the game received an M rating from the organization, specifically for its blood and gore, intense violence, and strong language.
Note that there are some small potential spoilers ahead. You have been warned.
The ESRB’s general description of the game offers very few surprises to fans of the Resident Evil series. However, it does reveal that the game’s level of gore is consistent with its predecessor Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, which featured hands and legs getting chopped off in its first few hours. The description also reveals that Bloodborne-esque fantastical creatures are the main foes that the player will face, unlike RE7.
“From a first-person perspective, players explore environments and use pistols, shotguns, and machine guns to shoot and kill fantastical creatures (e.g., werewolves, ghouls, mutants, mechanical humanoids) found throughout the surrounding areas,” a portion of the description reads. “…Cutscenes can depict additional acts of intense violence and gore: a character’s heart ripped out of their chest; a person chopped through the shoulder by a machete; a character impaled through the chest by a giant weapon; a person repeatedly shot. The words "f**k" and "sh*t" are heard in the game.”
While Resident Evil Village isn’t for the faint of heart, you can try out the game’s final demo for an hour from May 1 to May 9 (timing varies slightly by region) on several different platforms. Village will release May 7 on PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia. Additionally, there are some spoilers for the game making the rounds right now, so watch out for that.
- A Post Jeff World – Interview With New Overwatch Director Aaron Keller
- Remembering Resident Evil 7 Trailer
- Genshin Impact PS4 Pro to PS5 Comparison (1.5 Update)
- Security Breach Fury’s Rage Gameplay
- Mortal Kombat Movie vs Game Fatalities
- History Of Mass Effect (Updated For 2021)
New Pokémon Snap Video Review
- Prescription For Sleep: Stardew Valley – Exclusive Winter (Nocture Of Ice) Remix Reveal
- Lost Soul Aside – 18 Minutes Of New Gameplay (2021)
- Chivalry II – Closed Beta Siege & Battle Gameplay
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin – Trailer 3
- Monster Hunter Rise – Update Ver. 2.0 Trailer: New Elder Dragons & Apex Monsters
Now Playing: Resident Evil Village | Castle Demo Gameplay (PS5)
- Resident Evil Village is off to a flyer on Steam
- Resident Evil Village Out For Old And New Consoles On May 7 [Update: PS5 Demo Out]
- Resident Evil 8: Village Announced By Capcom
- Resident Evil 8: Village Dropped Cross-Gen, Leaker Says | Digital Trends
- When The PS5 Games From Today's Event Come Out (And Where Else You Can Play Them)
- Leaked list shows unannounced 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' characters Dante, Doctor Strange
- Witchboard Is the Perfect Combination of Melodrama, 1980s Hair, and Evil Spirits
- New Avengers 4 Set Pictures Reveal an Intriguing Costume Change for Captain America
- Our Favorite Smaller Games From Today's PS5 Reveal Event
- Why they call this India's cleanest village
- Karnataka Man Declared Dead After Accident Comes Back to Life Just Moments Before Postmortem
- Strictly Come Dancing: BBC bosses sign up Countryfile's Tomasz Schafernaker?
- Evil Dead Rise Heading Straight to HBO Max, Plot Details Revealed
- Evil Dead Rise Begins Filming, Director Shares First Set Photo
- The two versions of John Lewis' March on Washington speech reveal the complexity of a young leader
- A Village In Italy Wants To Pay You As Much As $52,500 To Move There
- Historic England: Shipwreck and Selfridges on 2020 protected list
- Emmerdale heartache as Vanessa Woodfield returns with new lover who is a former villager?
- Would You Want to Move to a Remote Alaskan Village?
- COVID-19: African variant reveals sequencing lag
Resident Evil Village ESRB Listing Reveals The Horror To Come have 725 words, post on www.gamespot.com at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.