The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington DC-based civil rights and advocacy group for Muslims, is asking Valve, Microsoft, and Sony to refuse to distribute Six Days in Fallujah , an upcoming tactical FPS based on the Second Battle of Fallujah, one of the bloodiest battles of the Iraq War. “We call on Microsoft, Sony and Valve to ban their platforms from hosting Six Days in Fallujah, an Arab murder simulator that will only normalize violence against Muslims in America and around the world,” CAIR Research and Advocacy Coordinator Huzaifa Shahbaz said in a statement . “The gaming industry must stop dehumanizing Muslims. Video games like Six Days in Fallujah only serve to glorify violence that took the lives of hundreds of Iraqi civilians, justify the Iraq war, and reinforce anti-Muslim sentiment at a time when anti-Muslim bigotry continues to threaten human life.” Six Days in Fallujah was originally announced in 2009, but the controversial subject matter led publisher Konami to step back from the project, effectively halting it. Developer Atomic Games was unable to find a new publisher, and went out of business in 2011, although its website , complete with a commitment to finishing the game, remains. In… Read full this story
- US Muslim group calls for Fox News boycott over anchors' anti-Muslim remarks
- 'One of our darkest days': At least 49 killed in mass shootings at two mosques in New Zealand city of Christchurch
- Violent New Video Game 'Rape Day' Slammed For Glorifying Sexual Assault (PHOTOS)
- From camps to factories: Muslim detainees say China using forced labour
- No Joke: Read All About the April Fool's Day Pranks Which Went Horribly Wrong
- Forty-nine killed at mosques in ‘one of New Zealand’s darkest days’
- Tories drop Manchester election candidate who dubbed Curry Mile 'P**i Mile'
- From foul mouth rants to leaflets drops
- 50 of the best family days out in South Wales
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook: Westminster echo chamber — How to call Europe — Fight night in France
Muslim advocacy group calls on Valve to drop Six Days in Fallujah from Steam have 316 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.