In another twist in the ‘has Activision abandoned Call of Duty: Modern Warfare?’ saga, Infinity Ward has now pulled two of the new maps surprise-added to the game last week. Last week, we reported how 2019’s Modern Warfare unexpectedly received three new maps , four months after Activision left the game behind to focus on Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. The maps, added to the game as part of the mammoth mid-season two update , are Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase (6v6) and Drainage (Gunfight). Killhouse was added to Multiplayer alongside the new Killhouse 24/7 playlist, which remains available today. However, Al-Raab Airbase (6v6) and Drainage (Gunfight), were only ever available to play in private matches. Now, they’re gone from the list of maps you can select in custom games. This bizarre development has come without any explanation from either Activision or Infinity Ward, although perhaps that’s unsurprising since neither company acknowledged the arrival of the maps in the first place. The latest tweet from the developer is dated 8th March, although there have been a couple of retweets since then. In addition to Killhouse, the Drainage (Gunfight) and Al-Raab Airbase maps are also available in #ModernWarfare Private Matches. https://t.co/lVkbsr6UCG pic.twitter.com/bK7Cr6ShEV… Read full this story
- Call of Duty movie could star Tom Hardy and Chris Pine if director gets his way
- Game of the Year 2017: The Mirror's top 10 best video games of 2017
- Game of the Year 2017: Our pick of the top 10 best video games for Playstation, Xbox and Switch
- 22 incredible games you need to consider buying on Black Friday
- All the games, news, releases and gossip from Gamescom 2017
- Has the Russian row given UK diplomacy new focus?
- New Year's honours joy in Kent
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Team of amputee veterans inspired millions when they rowed for 46 46 back-breaking days across the Atlantic
- Dogs like Boo can mean the difference between life and death for veterans
Infinity Ward pulls two of the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare maps surprise-added to the game last week without explanation have 332 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.