The creator of the Yakuza series says it may be time for the development team to try something entirely new, after so many years devoted to the franchise. In an interview, Ryu Ga Gotoku director Toshihiro Nagoshi talks about his hope that he can allow his team to stretch their development muscles. “The Ryu Ga Gotoku team members, they’ve only really worked on the Yakuza series,” Nagoshi told Game Informer . “But I think it would be a waste if these really talented team members that we have aren’t able to use all of their skills to their full potential. That might be challenging themselves, creating something of a whole different genre and a different style. We don’t know that yet, but that's something that we’re really taking into consideration right now for the growth of our team as a whole.” Ryu Ga Gotoku has dabbled in new genres within the Yakuza universe–it explored the other side of crime dramas with Judgment , and turned its latest Yakuza game, Yakuza: Like a Dragon , into a turn-based RPG. But it does sound like the team may want to venture even further from its comfort zone. The Yakuza series has been… Read full this story
- Creator of HBO's 'Euphoria' says it tries to be 'empathic'
- The Top 25 New Barbecue Joints in Texas!
- The joke is on the able-bodied in new Netflix series 'Special'
- Netflix turns new Coke into latest star of 'Stranger Things'
- Lucero to be named new Stamford schools superintendent
- Chatting with Kaskade about new Las Vegas megaclub KAOS and more
- Trump blasts Green New Deal, windmills that ‘kill all the birds’
- Louie Anderson hints at more Christine Baskets
- The New Sobriety
- New movies in Memphis, July 19-25, 2019
Yakuza Creator Hints At Trying Something New have 285 words, post on www.gamespot.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.