Call of Duty’s obscure top-down zombies minigame sure has come a long way since it had to be hacked out of a computer terminal in the original Black Ops. Dead Ops Arcade is back in Black Ops – Cold War as a dedicated Zombies spinoff, but all you really need to know is that Treyarch flew off the handle last month and made it first-person. Call me crazy, but I think they’ve accidentally stumbled on the perfect Zombies mode. I hopped into the new Dead Ops mode with exactly zero expectations. I’m not much of a traditional Zombies guy (I bore easily by running around the same map for an hour), but I was curious to see how a top-down shooter would translate to first-person. Remarkably well, as it turns out. Aiming and movement feel exactly like standard Cold War, but shooting couldn’t feel more different. Like a proper bullet hell shooter, there’s no need to ever reload or aim-down-sights, so the action never has to slow down. Dead Ops is kinda like normal Zombies, but unchained by all of the CoD-isms that usually makes zombie-slaying a chore. By the time we had cleared the first map, I had a… Read full this story
- GAME REVIEW: Call of Duty: WW2
- Best video games for Christmas 2017 - including Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn and Call of Duty: WW2
- Best video games of 2017 including Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn and Call of Duty: WW2
- Best video games of 2017: Top selling for Xbox, PlayStation and Switch including Super Mario Odyssey and Call of Duty: WW2
- What's included in the new Call of Duty WW2 map pack for Xbox One and PS4? When will the game come out?
- What parents need to know about Call of Duty WWII ahead of Christmas 2017
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team: EA planning HUGE Ultimate Team and Career Mode ‘showcase’
- Best Xbox One video games for Christmas 2017 - including Destiny 2 and FIFA 18
- Best Xbox One video games of 2017 including Destiny 2 and FIFA 18
- 22 incredible games you need to consider buying on Black Friday
The perfect Call of Duty zombies mode is here, and it's not Outbreak have 347 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.