Grand Theft Auto 5 ‘s loading times have been the butt of many a joke over the last seven years—even the beefiest of PCs will leave players twiddling their thumbs while that blonde lady throws a peace sign at her phone for the millionth time. The agonising wait has led one savvy player to delve into the game’s code, and with some tweaking has managed to reduce the loading times by almost 70%. GitHub user tostercx has uploaded the fixed code , though they do warn that it’s more of a proof of concept and not intended for casual use. They were also kind enough to provide a breakdown of the entire process . The lengthy loading times—tostercx experienced a six minute wait for GTA Online to boot up—are, in part, attributed to some terribly optimised code and a 10MB JSON file containing 63,000 item entries. Every time an item is found, the check then runs again… and again. tostercx estimated that this leads to around 1,984,531,500 checks. This, along with the fact the game was only loading from a single core on tostercx’s CPU, appear to be the biggest bottlenecks. But after a couple of fixes that optimised the… Read full this story
- 'GTA Online' Update: Tons of Opportunities for Bonus GTA$ This Week
- BRUMMETT ONLINE: Big time, in political terms
- ‘No Man’s Sky’ Update 1.70 Adds Abyss Mission & Submarine
- 'Assassin's Creed Odyssey' Download Time: When Can You Start Creating Your Own Story in Ancient Greece?
- WWE Evolution: Start Time and How to Watch Online
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Launches In November As A Beta
- 'Red Dead Redemption 2' Preload Times: When Can You Start Downloading on PS4 and Xbox One?
- Connecticut-based Atlantic Data Security Replaces Salesforce and Reduces Costs While Increasing Functionality
- ABM to Reduce Energy and Operating Costs for the General Services Administration in Los Angeles, Calif., by More Than $21 Million
- 5 Benefits of Buying Your Clothing Online
Someone has figured out how to reduce GTA Online's load times by almost 70% have 318 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.