The first gameplay trailer for developer Frogwares’ new Sherlock Holmes game has arrived, showing off what the studio calls a “no hand-holding investigation adventure.”
Sherlock Holmes Chapter One takes place on the fictional island of Cordona, where a young Sherlock and his friend Jon grew up and are now returning. Holmes’ mother has died mysteriously, and they are tasked with solving the case.
The trailer not only shows off some of the varied environments of Cordona, but the new combat mechanics as well Sherlock can shoot guns, but he can also use “tricks and distractions” to get the upper hand. Sometimes, Sherlock will just punch people in the face to get the job done.
The new Sherlock Holmes gameplay trailer also shows off some of the investigation systems in the game. The “Mind Palace” allows players to track clues and make educated guesses about a scene or sequence in particular. Players can also wear disguises to go undercover and get previous intel to help solve the mysteries. There is also a morality system of sorts that can lead to accusations different suspects based on how they translate the clues in question.
Sherlock Holmes Chapter One launches in 2021 for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S, as well as PS4 and Xbox One.
- Producer says Sherlock Holmes 3 could film this fall, teases additional sequels
- Star Wars Battlefront gameplay trailer heats up planet Hoth
- ‘Persona 5’ delayed until April, fans can pass the time with this gameplay trailer
- Watch E3 2019's First Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Gameplay Trailer From EA Play
- Leaked Tom Clancy’s The Division video reveals new gameplay footage
- Elemental attacks are the key to success in new 'Dauntless' gameplay trailer
- Blood Stone 007 gameplay trailer debuts
- Latest Nintendo Direct event revealed new modes when it took up ‘Arms’
- Zelda spinoff Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS with new content
- Sony unloads at E3 2015 with new franchises and The Last Guardian
- New trailer for BBC’s Sherlock special shows Holmes and Watson in the Victorian era
- Holmes, Watson tackle new case in first teaser trailer for ‘Sherlock’ season 4
- Sherlock’s Victorian special will come to screens big and small in January
- God of War trailers, release date, news and features
- E3 2012: Trailer round-up
- 15 PlayStation 4 exclusives that were revealed at E3
- 30 new and notable Android games from the last week (1/31/18
- 30 new and notable Android games from the last week (3/14/18
- PSX 2016 offers RPG fans a glimpse at gameplay combat in 'Ni no Kuni II'
- 39 new and notable Android TV apps and games from the last 8 months (7/12/18
Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One Gameplay Trailer Reveals New Setting, Combat, And More have 412 words, post on www.gamespot.com at March 24, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.