Netflix product chief Greg Peters, who also became the streaming service’s chief operating officer in 2020, says the company is poised to help lead the charge for further eroding theatrical windows preceding streaming debuts for content. Speaking with Deadline , Peters predicted, “It’s what consumers want. It’s hard to buck that trend for too long and I think that’s eventually where things go.” In December when competitor Warner Bros. announced it intended to put its entire theatrical line-up onto streaming services such as HBO Max, production companies, directors, and actors were predictably not pleased . It was also not exactly a shock to learn that Warner was reportedly trying to offset that surprising move by offering bonuses to stars impacted by the move to streaming-only releases– one report had Denzel Washington receiving $20 million plus a backend fee , for example. In an interview, veteran director Christopher Nolan summed his feelings up bluntly, calling the move a “real bait and switch” and “very, very, very messy” and that there is “such controversy” because Warner Bros. “didn’t tell anyone… [filmmakers are] being used as a loss-leader for the streaming service.” Noticeably absent from the complaints, Peters says, were the audiences. “We… Read full this story
- Think Your Creditor Release is Ironclad? Consider California Civil Code Section 1542
- How Homegrown Production Empire, Rooster Teeth, Is Gunning For HBO and Netflix
- Apple TV Plus: Everything to know about Apple's take on Netflix
- Actress Shirley Hellyar who ‘hoped she’d live long enough’ to see herself in Netflix’s Outlaw King dies, aged 40, after cancer battle
- Why Hannah Gadsby's Netflix special 'Nanette' is so remarkable
- Witchy decisions in Netflix's Season 1 premiere of 'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina'
- Apple's $6billion Netflix rival Apple TV+ launches in 100 countries TODAY - featuring new original series The Morning Show, For All Mankind and See
- I Installed Windows 10 and Now I'm Talking to My Computer
- First Netflix Streaming Box Review, $100 and Unlimited Downloads!
- Netflix has released photos for "The Witcher"... and they actually look pretty good
Netflix Exec Thinks Exclusive Theatrical Release Windows Will Go Away have 328 words, post on www.gamespot.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.