Aliens: Fireteam is a co-op survival shooter where you create your own Colonial Marine, team up with two friends online (or bots if you’re playing solo), and battle xenomorphs, rogue androids, and other Alien-themed enemies across four campaigns. Set 23 years after the movies, your created character is a member of a squad of marines sent to protect frontier colonies from xenomorph attacks, which have now become a regular occurrence. According to developer Cold Iron Studios, at this point in the timeline xenomorphs “are no longer secrets or myths”, but people still fear them. When Craig Zinkievich, head of Cold Iron, introduces me to Fireteam, he makes it clear that the game is inspired by Aliens, not Alien. And I can’t help but think, perhaps cynically: “Haven’t we done this already?” So many videogames have riffed on James Cameron’s 1986 sequel, from Halo to StarCraft, that it’s become a cliché. And after Alien: Isolation, which proved you could make a great Alien game without wisecracking marines mowing down hundreds of xenomorphs, Fireteam feels like a bit of a step backwards. From how Cold Iron describes Fireteam’s campaigns, Left 4 Dead seems to be a significant inspiration. There are 20 enemy… Read full this story
- Alien attacks and Fifa 15 chants: The art of video game noise
- Who do you think is gaming's most inspirational heroine?
- Liverpool cancer surgeon with coronavirus and 'may have infected hundreds of patients after failing to self-isolate' - as Great Ormond Street children's hospital cancels heart ops as worker is hit by disease
- The best PS Vita games of all time
- The best PlayStation 4 exclusives
- 11 video games that are actually based on books
- Black Mesa is the perfect way to get into Half-Life before Alyx
- 44 Books To Read Over Spring Break If Your Travel Plans Are Cancelled
- 44 Books To Read Over Spring Break If Your Travel Plans Are Canceled
- University of York on coronavirus alert: Students don face masks as it emerges UK victim studied there - while other campuses introduce quarantines and boarding schools ban Chinese students from going home for half-term
Left 4 Dead-inspired co-op shooter Aliens: Fireteam feels like a step backwards after Alien: Isolation have 343 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.