“It’s impossible to get tired of this game otherwise I’ll give you a thousand bucks,” Josef Fares proclaims in the middle of a presentation on It Takes Two. It’s a one-way video call, so Hazelight’s creative director can’t see me raise my eyebrows at the statement, which is made before I get a chance to dive into the game for myself. But It Takes Two’s core conceit is certainly interesting enough for such a statement to hold water: centered around Fares’ love of romantic comedies, it’s a co-op platformer about a couple headed towards divorce and the paths that lead to and away from it, with the narrative reflected in the shifting level design. “What the fuck, how many games are doing the rom-com genre?” Fares asks rhetorically. “We should have released it on Valentine’s Day, that would have been perfect marketing. Damn, shit…” he trails off, cursing under his breath. Fares isn’t wrong, as It Takes Two is firmly about love and relationships – it even forces you to create or manage an existing relationship in order to play it, as there’s no single player option. “This is not a game where you ping something, you have to talk… Read full this story
- The Berlin Wall fell 30 years ago. But an invisible barrier still divides Germany
- 'The crime is simply too heinous': Charles Manson prosecutor says cult leader's 'family' who went on a murderous rampage in Los Angeles 50 years ago should never be released
- Grammy Preview 2020: Vampire Weekend’s Ezra Koenig on ‘Father of the Bride,’ Why Band Needed a ‘Reboot’
- Tiger Woods on Masters victory: 'It's going to take a bit of time to sink in'
- 2018: When Asian-American Art Came Into Its Own
- Jenelle Evans enjoys a night out with her kids and ex Nathan Griffith... amid divorce from David Eason
- Liam Hemsworth files for divorce from Miley Cyrus after seven months of marriage... following accusations of infidelity and drug use
- ‘Star Wars’ Strikes Back: Behind the Scenes of the Biggest Movie of the Year
- The Unheard ‘Abbey Road’: An Exclusive Preview of Beatles’ Expanded Final Masterpiece
- Khloe Kardashian -- Divorce Case To Be Dismissed
It Takes Two preview: If only it came out three years ago maybe I wouldn't have gotten divorced have 360 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.