In EVE Online, it’s not just enough to accrue the millions of ISK required to fly a battleship. You also have to train up the skills required to fly one, an act that can take months of actual time. But soon, CCP will let you take EVE’s spiciest ships for a test drive, letting you borrow the required skills with new “Expert System” consumables. Announced last week, Expert Systems will give you a week of temporary skill points in a “variety of professions”, without having to commit. Considering the length of time it takes to train up (and the skill point limits applied to free pilots), these are pitched as a good way to explore new styles of play. Expert Systems come with a preset loadout of skill levels, mind, meaning you can’t assign them freely. From the sounds of it, this isn’t a tool for a seasoned pilot to start experimenting with specific ships. Rather, these systems seem aimed at newer players looking to experiment beyond the early game (though you’ll still need to buy the ship for whatever you’re trying out). Acquired skills won’t be lost on death, though you’ll lose access once the week runs out. You… Read full this story
- Watch NFL Games Online Free Today: How to Live Stream NFL Games Free, Week 3 TV Channels, Times
- How to use the Internet to shop for your new car
- Mets Introduce Brodie Van Wagenen, Their New G.M. (and a Recovering Agent)
- After Further Review: Tom Brady still edging new stars, crushing Father Time
- New or Used: Who Is The RWD Coupe Market’s Top Gun?
- All the Incredible New Comic Series to Cozy Up With This Fall
- Q&A with EVEN Electric: Will online sales revolutionize EVs?
- Hit The Floor season 4: Stars dish on the new season’s twists
- Recap: All Hallows Eve is frightful on AHS Apocalypse Forbidden Fruit
- Miami Heat coach Spoelstra, Wade dish on various topics on eve of training camp
EVE Online will let you 'borrow' skills to try new ships soon have 331 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.