In 2020, MSI announced the PRO MP242 series of “eye care monitors”, with “low blue light and flicker-free technology”. I’d seen software and prescription lenses promising to cut down on blue-light exposure, but this was the first time I’d seen a computer monitor come with the feature built in. I asked an MSI rep why this had become a selling point—what is the actual danger of blue-light exposure? “Prolonged exposure could affect our vision by prematurely aging the eye and even cause retina damage which leads to macular degeneration,” they said. “Also, as one of the shortest, yet highest energy wavelengths in the light spectrum, blue light flickers easier and longer than other types of weaker wavelengths. This flickering leads to eye strain and subsequently, further eye and vision damage.” Health Kit Health Kit is PC Gamer’s coverage of health, ergonomics, and wellness. What should I do if I have wrist pain? Nootropics marketed to esports viewers aren’t necessarily safe How to sit at a desk with good posture 5 ways to avoid hurting yourself while PC gaming That sounds scary, but of course a company selling low-blue-light monitors would make blue light sound dangerous. And I had to wonder:… Read full this story
- Blue Light Over New York Is Drawing Comparisons to 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse'
- Need a winter pick-me-up? Try these new wellness light bulbs
- The little girl allergic to the sun: Five-year-old diagnosed with rare disease that makes her so sensitive to UV light she has to ride her bike in the garage and play inside at school
- Blue by ADT Review: DIY home security is finally here
- Does lighting affect fps on webcams?
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Ellie Goulding's Old Etonian husband Caspar Jopling in race to win a space in the blue boat
- Why the lights are going out for fireflies
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos wants to build a permanent settlement on the Moon
- Kendall Jenner's Newest Gig? Designing a Black Light-Activated Eye Shadow Palette (Get All the Details Here!)
- Shut eye and sleep hygiene: the truth about why you keep waking up at 3am
Blue light isn't ruining your eyes, but you may want to reduce your exposure anyway have 344 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.