advertisement advertisement advertisement Thanks to Malcolm Gladwell and Nobel Prize-winning economist Daniel Kahneman, we've all been sternly warned about the risks of employing intuition when making important decisions. In his book Blink , Gladwell asserts that while our unconscious thinking is "a powerful force, it also can be thrown off, distracted or disabled." And in his classic, Thinking, Fast and Slow , Kahneman stresses that gut instincts can fail us when we unwittingly apply familiar patterns of experience to unrelated circumstances or situations. advertisement advertisement The truth is, most of us have spent a lifetime developing our rational minds and rely solely upon their counsel when making consequential life choices. And we know that in business today, innumerable companies such as Amazon have placed data at the center of their corporate cultures—and routinely rely on metrics to find the best ways of growing their businesses. In light of this, it may come as a surprise to learn that some of the world's most successful leaders and innovators intentionally tap into their intuition before making critical decisions. In his new best seller, How to Lead: Wisdom From the World's Greatest CEOs, Founders, and Game Changers , Carlyle Group cochairman David Rubenstein… Read full this story
- The 3 steps to making tough decisions—bold advice from an ex-Marine officer
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Businesses Will Have To Make Tough Decisions As New Restrictions Loom
- How a 'hesitant' Myles Brennan can improve as LSU's QB; 'It's a matter of making the decision'
- Paul Finebaum Says Michigan Has To Make A Decision On Jim Harbaugh’s Future ‘Now’
- Tough decisions ahead on who gets coronavirus vaccines first in the Bay Area
- The $113 billion Tata empire faces tough decisions over airlines
- Nuggets forward JaMychal Green eager to fill Jerami Grant’s role: “It wasn’t a tough decision”
- Too much democracy in India making tough reforms hard, says Niti Aayog chief Amitabh Kant
- U.K.’s High Court Rules Children Under 16 Cannot Make Wise Decisions on Hormone Treatments to Alter Biological Sex
- Giants hope to make final decision on Daniel Jones Friday night
The 3 kinds of intuition you need to make tough decisions have 345 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.