It’s finally here, folks; you need to choose your Pokemon Go Tour Kanto Red or Green ticket for the upcoming event this month. While the ticket itself has been on sale since the start of the year – head to the in-game Pokemon Go shop if you haven’t got yours yet – the ability to choose which version you want has only just become available, just over two weeks before the Kanto event takes place. Both tickets provide essentially the same experience with some minor differences, much like the Pokemon Red and Green (or Blue in the western parts of the world) Game Boy titles did back in 1996. Here are the differences between each version in the mobile game, to help you decide whether you should pick Pokemon Go Kanto Tour Red or Green version.
Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto Red or Green differences
So, you’ve bought your ticket for the Pokemon Go Kanto event, but you’re not sure which version you should choose. The only difference is which Pokemon will be attracted to incense and which ones have a higher chance of being shiny, so there isn’t a core gameplay feature you’ll be missing out on by picking the wrong one. The following Pokemon are the ones that will have a higher chance of being shiny, depending on which version you pick.
Red and Green:
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Eevee, and Dratini.
Ekans, Nidoran ♀, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, and Kabuto.
Sandshrew, Nidoran ♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, and Omanyte.
Meanwhile, the following Pokemon will be attracted to incense with the specific versions.
Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz.
Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir.
There’s no right or wrong answers here; check out all of the shiny forms in our Pokemon Go shiny list so you know which ones look the best, then focus on the ones you haven’t obtained yet. For example, because I already have a shiny Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Crabby, Electabuzz, and Kabuto, I’m going for Green version to hopefully fill out my shiny collection with some I don’t have yet. You can read more about the differences in the official Pokemon Go blog post.
How to pick Red or Green version in Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto
You can now pick your version ahead of the event, but there’s no pop-up or anything of the sort. You simply need to go to your bag once you’ve bought the ticket from the in-game store, tap on the ticket, then select which one from the prompt it gives you. There’s no rush though, you can pick which version you want any time between now and the start of the event.
Pokemon Go tips | Pokemon Go Pokedex | Pokemon Go best Pokemon | Pokemon Go trading | Pokemon Go regionals | Pokemon Go shiny list | Pokemon Go raids | Pokemon Go legendaries | Pokemon Go evolution items | Pokemon Go Sinnoh Stones | Pokemon Go Unova Stones | Pokemon Go Eevee evolutions | Pokemon Go Ditto | Pokemon Go Battle League | Pokemon Go Team Rocket | Pokemon Go Remote Raid Pass | How to change team in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Go Mega Evolutions | Pokemon Go cheats
- Should Pokemon Reboot The Anime Series?
- Pokémon Go Shinies - how to catch Shiny Magikarp, Red Gyarados, and what we know about other Shiny Pokémon
- Get A Pokemon Sword And Shield Freebie This Weekend
- Kate Middleton royal tour of Canada and USA in dresses: Complete guide to the Duchess of Cambridge's outfits
- Pokemon Go Mysterious Components, Rocket Radar and Rocket Leaders explained
- A night of upsets at the Oscars: Green Book shocks with best picture win over favourite Roma while Glenn Close and Lady Gaga are left disappointed when Olivia Colman wins best actress
- 2020 Honda CR-V Debuts With Refreshed Styling, Hybrid Version
- Red Dead Redemption 2 review - a peerless open world, and a story in the shadow of its predecessor
- Battle of the bombshells! Cardi B, Kylie Jenner, Jennifer Lopez, and Nicki Minaj rock jaw-dropping frocks on the red carpet at MTV Video Music Awards
- Koenigsegg Jesko Red Cherry Edition Is What Dreams Are Made Of
- 'I'm riding Le Tour in my spare room': the indoor cycling revolution
- Pokémon Sun
- Pokémon Let's Go review - an assured balancing act for fans old and new
- Pokémon Go Shadow Pokémon counters, how to beat Shadow Snorlax and how Purified Pokémon work
- Pokémon Sword and Shield new Pokémon list: all new Gen 8 Pokémon revealed so far
- Every Pop-Culture Reference Kanye West Has Ever Made
- Adobe Premiere Pro vs. Apple Final Cut Pro X: What's the Difference?
- 15 Flavors of Japanese Kit Kats: The Snacktaku Review
- 100 Essential TV Comedies
- All 327 Bruce Springsteen Songs, Ranked From Worst to Best
Pokemon Go Tour Kanto Red or Green: Which version should you pick? have 798 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.