February is finally here, and while that means a new batch of PS Plus freebies for February will be available to claim on Tuesday, it also means less than a full day is left to snag January’s free PS Plus games. This month’s lineup includes Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Greedfall on PS4 as well as the PS5 version of shark simulator Maneater.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the most recent installment in the rebooted Tomb Raider series, bringing Lara Croft’s ongoing adventure to the jungles of South America to save the world from a Mayan apocalypse. In GameSpot’s Shadow of the Tomb Raider review, critic Edmond Tran praised the thrill of exploration and the challenge of solving ancient tomb puzzles but warned that the game’s traditional mechanics can make the journey a frustrating one.
Greedfall is a 2019 RPG that tasks players with exploring a mysterious island called Teer Fradee, which is filled with magical secrets to explore and monsters to hunt. The game caters to traditional RPG fans with character builds comprising of different abilities, spells, and skills, and objectives that can be completed in a myriad of different ways. In GameSpot’s Greedfall review, critic Khee Hoon Chan compared its compelling exploration and combat mechanics favorably to Witcher 3 but criticized its reliance on colonialist themes.
Maneater is this month’s PS5-exclusive game–while it’s also available on PS4, only players on the PS5 will be able to redeem it for free. Maneater is described as a ShaRkPG, an RPG where you take the role of a man-eating shark. Starting as a small pup, the player is tasked first to survive, and then to thrive as one of the ocean’s top predators. Just like RPGs with human characters, you’ll be able to tailor your shark’s skills to your play-style as it grows in size and strength.
As with previous PlayStation Plus freebies, all of January’s games are PS4 titles that are also playable on the PS5. The recently launched next-gen console can play most PS4 games, with enhancements that vary between games including reduced load times, more stable frame rates, and increased resolutions. Only a small handful of PS4 games aren’t supported on PS5, and the list has already begun to shrink.
Greedfall’s developer has announced that the game will get an update and additional content for the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, though it’s unclear as yet whether this will be a free update for all next-gen players.
January 2021 PS Plus Free Games
Available January 5 to February 1
Best Deals And Sales This Week
- PSN Kicks Off New PS5 And PS4 Sale Filled With Remasters And Retro Games
- Elgato Wave 3 Microphone Gets A Sweet Discount To Cap Off January
- Persona-Inspired Watches Are Coming To Steal Your Heart
- PS Plus February 2021 Games Include PS5’s Control, Destruction AllStars
- Amazon Prime Members Can Claim 30 Free Games And Tons Of Loot In February
- Xbox Games With Gold (February 2021): New Free Games, Including Gears 5, Available Now
- 'Xbox: Where's My Free Game?'
- PS4 Video Says PlayStation Plus Is Mandatory For Online Multiplayer
- PS4 vs. Xbox One: The Comparison We Had To Make
- PS4 State Of Play Livestream Is Today
- Tips For Using the PS4
- What You Can Do Without A Paid PlayStation Plus Account On The PS4
- Headlines August's PlayStation Plus Lineup
- H1Z1: Battle Royale leaves beta, officially launched on PS4
- Spelunky For Under $4, 3DS XL Discounts, Game of Thrones [Deals]
- The best January sales: these top deals are live now
- The best cheap PS4 bundles, deals and prices in the March sales
- H1Z1 Officially Launches on PS4 from Daybreak Games
- on PS4 is the Only Next-Gen Baseball Game
- Get a cheap PlayStation Plus membership deal delivered instantly for a great last-minute present
- PS4 2013 Holiday Buyer's Guide
- The Moneysaver: Playstation Plus, Dust, Arena Of Heroes, Stargate
- Will Current Headsets Work With Xbox One and PS4?
- These PlayStation games are up to 75% off
- A Cheap Gaming Laptop, Metal Gear Rising, Steam Sale Day 2 [Deals]
- Meet the First PS4 Customer. He Has Come to Judge You.
Last Chance To Claim These PS Plus Free Games From January (PS5, PS4) have 902 words, post on www.gamespot.com at February 1, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.