After a 10-year run as one of Marvel’s most celebrated artists, Chris Samnee is trading in superheroes for a raucous, dirty, tumbling adventure called Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters.The book stars Jonna and her sister, Rainbow, who venture off into a planet that has mysteriously dried up in order to search for their missing father.Created and co-written with his wife Laura Samnee, Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters is colored by his frequent colorist partner Matthew Wilson, and lettered by Crank!. After years in development (and a debut delayed due to COVID-19), Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters #1 goes on sale March 3 from Oni Press.Newsarama chatted with the Samnees about the series, the inspirations, the visuals, and how it all came together.Newsarama: Chris, Laura, in your own words, how would you describe Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters?Chris Samnee: It’s the story of two sisters on a journey to find their missing father in a world where danger lurks around every corner. It’s an all-ages comic full of heart, action, and MONSTERS! It’s a catch-all for some of the things I’ve enjoyed being able to draw in comics (action, foliage, character acting, rubble) and all the things I’ve never really gotten a chance… Read full this story
- The Observer guide to the best autumn culture
- io9's Guide to All the Movies You Should Give a Damn About in 201
- All the Cozy New Comics Series to Settle in With This Fall
- The best horror movies of the 2000s (that you can stream right now)
- Spongebob, Christmas lights and 30 more fun things to do in November
- Jane Seymour on how
- “We are the weirdos, mister”:
- All Helen Mirren's 61 movies – ranked!
- Borderlands 3: Blood Harvest and Mayhem on Twitch start this week
- 'A true lady whose kindness and generosity of spirit will be much missed.' Tributes pour in for beloved Irish writer Maeve Binchy who has died aged 72
Feral children and fantasy worlds: Chris & Laura Samnee's Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters have 320 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.