Facebook’s ad policy has restricted posts from cities, health care authorities and pro-vaccine activists that promote mass vaccination in the US, Politico reported Sunday. The article, analyzing banned advertising from last September, reveals that “paid for” messages from at least 110 organizations aimed at increasing awareness about vaccines or where to get inoculated have been flagged and submitted to Facebook’s political message registry. According to the report, advertising sponsors have the option of appealing, but the procedure can be too time-consuming when dealing with the lack of delivery of vaccinations and responding to new, more infectious strains of the virus. In light of that, public health experts have expressed doubt as to whether Facebook can be a viable information source during the pandemic while being pressured by anti-vaccination forces that appear to be prevalent on the platform. “[The restrictions] made it very difficult for the township in our efforts to inform our residents about important information regarding Covid-19 registration and updates,” the executive administrator of Orland Township, Illinois, Mary Hastings, said. “This is very unfair.” California Medical Association spokesman Anthony York stated that an ad from the organization promoting this month’s event including White House vaccination coordinator Bechara Choucair also faced… Read full this story
- Facebook’s Georgia ad loophole has politicians around the US fundraising off runoff elections
- Facebook's election ad ban takes effect
- Attacks on Kukah deliberate attempt to ignore issues raised in his Christmas message — Rep Yusuf
- Facebook blocks Trump indefinitely following Capitol Hill violence
- Ted Cruz's Campaign Is Pocketing the Money He’s Raising for Georgia GOPers. He’s Not Alone.
- Vaccine is ALREADY on its way to Britain: First lorries loaded with doses leave Belgium - but fears the NHS will leapfrog care homes for jab as Boris warns there are 'logistical challenges' in getting it to elderly and their carers
- Silicon Valley Megadonors Go All In for Biden: $100 Million Anti-Trump Ad Blitz
- Facebook will add Georgia back to political ad ban after runoff elections
- Boris Johnson adviser quits after being overruled on Priti Patel bullying report
- Selena Gomez criticizes Facebook over COVID-19 disinformation: 'Going to be responsible for thousands of deaths'
Facebook Reportedly Bans Ads Raising Vaccine Awareness for Being 'Political Messages' have 351 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.