Riders Republic , the next game from the team behind Steep , has been delayed until "later this year." The delay adds to a growing number of games that have been pushed back recently, including Hogwarts Legacy and Outriders .
Riders Republic was originally scheduled to be released on February 25 but now has no specific date. Ubisoft announced the delay via a post on the official Rider's Republi c Twitter account reading, "We want to let you know we have made the decision to move our release to later this year. This additional time will allow our passionate team to deliver the best fun fueled experience to our players."
Rider's Republic is likely not the last big game to see some kind of delay. Yesterday, WB Games announced that Hogwarts Legacy , an RPG set in the Harry Potter universe that was supposed to come out this year, was delayed until 2022 . Outriders was also delayed earlier this month, from its initial February 2 date to April. Pragamta , a strange new game from Capcom, was delayed from a vague 2022 release window to a new 2023 window. Games such as Watch Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk 2077 have seen DLC and game modes delayed as well. Ubisoft's Division 2 also saw a big, new event reworked and partially canceled due to a " tough year. "
Video game delays are normal. But things right now aren't normal. As the covid-19 pandemic continues, we can probably expect more game delays in the future.
- Forest City, with sale vote looming, pushes back against Albert Ratner's lawsuit seeking delay
- PATH riders are used to the overcrowding. Now commuters say it’s getting dangerous
- The top 10 video games of 2018 were …
- Congo opposition leader declared winner in long-delayed election
- Red Riders Cruise Past The Dots
- Happy New Year, Las Vegas! — BLOG
- Bill calls for two years of free tuition at community colleges
- St. Jude Memphis Marathon: Rain delays don't dampen spirit of runners
- LGBTQ candidates usher in historical Rainbow Wave
- Trump’s tax cut one year later: What companies promised and what came to pass
- China Prepares for 'Period of Major Change Never Seen in a Century' In 2019 New Year's Speech
- 2018 YEAR IN REVIEW: Legalized pot, sidewalk vending are among top stories
- Newcomer bolsters inside game of Syracuse women’s basketball
- Ali Farhang's outrage led to an outpouring of support — and a new bowl game
- 2018 YEAR IN REVIEW: Legalized pot, sidewalk vending are among top 2018 stories
- Spacecraft opens new year with flyby on solar system's edge
- Epic Game Store opens, promises free games throughout 2019
- After tough year, Rob Gronkowski coming alive at right time for Patriots
- ‘Complete, total surrender’: Why Trump waved the white flag
- 2018: The year of the Phoenix police shooting
Ubisoft Pushes Riders Republic To ‘Later This Year’, Adding To Wave Of Game Delays have 465 words, post on kotaku.com at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.