First entries in a video game series have a lot of hurdles to overcome. They need to introduce the characters, story, world, and lore, plus all the different gameplay mechanics. They also often try to do something more experimental than other series on the market to stand out. For all those reasons, plus many more, it usually isn’t until a sequel that most games really begin to shine. This is when the developers really know what their game is from the start and can build off of what came before, knowing the player also has that knowledge. Of course, that also means expectations are much higher, leaving many sequels that don’t do quite enough to feel disappointing. Here are some of the best sequels to games that are seen as massive leaps in quality from their predecessor and perhaps even stand as the best the series has ever seen. See more The best games that never received sequels The best video game series revivals The best indie games for 2020 Mega Man 2 Mega Man created a simple formula that has persisted for over a dozen games now. Pick a robot master to challenge, fight through their stage, defeat the boss,… Read full this story
- Why 2007 was the Best Year in Video Gaming
- Tell GR: What is the Best Video Game Ending Ever?
- Weekly Video Game Round-Up: ‘Hitman’, ‘Forza’, and More
- Halo 5 Was the Best Selling Game of October 2015
- Weekly Video Game News Roundup: April 7th
- Weekly Video Game News Roundup: February 3rd
- 10 Videos Games That Need a Crowdfunded Reboot
- Battlefield 1 Was the Best Selling Game for October 2016
- Video Game Trailer Roundup: May 11
- You can have more than a “Wii” bit of fun with the best Wii games
The best video game sequels have 284 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.