Elite Dangerous players will finally be able to get out of their vehicles and wander around alien worlds this year, but there’s going to be a slightly longer wait before pilots can put their boots on the ground. Frontier has, unsurprisingly, been affected by the ongoing pandemic. As a UK studio, it’s now dealing with a new lockdown, and this has naturally had an impact on its development timeline. ”Our PC plans have only been affected by a small amount, however our plans for the console release will unfortunately see a larger development shift,” Frontier said in an announcement today. “Please do know that these difficult decisions have been made with a focus on making Odyssey as incredible as it can possibly be for all our Commanders regardless of their platform, while also respecting realistic project deadlines for our teams during this difficult global situation.”Alpha access for PC players is still coming soon, but now it’s due in early spring. Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Deluxe Alpha and Lifetime Expansion Pass holders will get access to the alpha, becoming Elite’s first on-the-ground frontier explorers. ”Much like our original Elite Dangerous release, we will be taking a phased approach to our alpha, bringing new features and… Read full this story
- Is Assassin's Creed Odyssey the New Witcher 3?
- Computex 2019: AMD, Intel, Asus Bring the Energy Back to PCs and Hardware
- HP Introduces New Elite, Envy, ZBook Series Laptops at Computex 2019
- HP Elite Dragonfly Ultra-Light Convertible Laptop Launched for Business Users
- Building a PC? Here Are the CPUs We Recommend for Every Budget
- 2019 Honda Odyssey
- Razer Wolverine Ultimate Controller Review: Elite-ish
- The State Of PC Gaming In 2018
- How to Sync Subtitles in VLC on Mac, PC, iPhone, and Android Mobiles
- Razer Deathadder Elite is $38 for one-day Amazon PC gaming sale
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey has been delayed on PC, but not by much have 307 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.