Despite arriving in October, the iPhone 12 contributed significantly towards the rise of Apple in Q4 (October-December) in the country, according to data provided by market intelligence firm CyberMedia Research (CMR).The tech giant registered over 60% growth (yea-on-year) in its India business in the full year 2020 while for the festive quarter, the growth was an impressive 100% (YoY). The Apple iPad category saw 25% growth (performance-wise) in Q4 and for the full year 2020, it logged 17% growth.
For the calendar year 2020, Apple’s total India smartphone share was about 2.4%, which is a significant rise.
The tech giant registered over 60% growth in its India business in the full year while for the festive quarter, the growth was an impressive 100%.
“Apple continues its stellar run in the India smartphone market, gaining strength on the back of increased local manufacturing and strong marketing initiatives during the festive season,” Prabhu Ram, Head-Industry Intelligence Group (IIG), CMR, told IANS.
“In doing so, it continues to gain on its enduring aspirational appeal. In particular, the new 5G-capable iPhone shipments did extremely well during the fourth quarter. We believe Apple is on track to grow further and gain strength in the year ahead, as it unveils its new India initiatives on the back of its new online store, and upcoming flagship retail stores,” Ram added.
Apple iPad’s (YOY) growth was 42 per cent while in Q4 2020, it was a massive 135 per cent (Y-oY), according to the CMR data.
“Amid the pandemic, Apple iPad has continued to benefit from the prevailing remote learning needs. As an attractive companion device, the iPad has especially found favour with users seeking premium devices,” said Menka Kumari, Analyst – Industry Intelligence Group (IIG), CMR.Apple CEO Tim Cook had revealed that the company set its September quarter record in India last year, also partly due to the launch of Apple Store Online that went live in the country on September 23, 2020.
“Geographically, we set September quarter records in America, Europe and the rest of Asia Pacific. We also set a September quarter record in India, thanks in part to a very strong reception to this quarter’s launch of our online store in the country,” Cook told analysts over the company’s earnings call.
Targeting Android mid-segment users as well as aspirational iPhone seekers, Apple brought the new iPhone SE to India, that looks like Apple iPhone 8 with the power of the iPhone 11.
The company in September quarter opened a direct online store, giving it several new angles in its go-to-market strategy, such as utilising device trade-ins to provide purchase incentives or bundling AirPods with iPhones to make them more appealing.
The online store marked the first time that Apple offered its full line-up of products directly to the region’s customers, who previously had to buy items through Amazon India, Flipkart, or other authorised sellers.
An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
EXCLUSIVE: Realme plans to open 500 new stores in 2021— the CEO reveals the company will go beyond smartphones in the 5G era
From Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ win to the Modi government’s COVID-19 reach out— a startup founded by two South Asians has scored big with brands and governments
- Videocon eyes doubling of AC market share
- Fonehouse’s huge iPhone 11 deal is back – 100GB of data with NO upfront cost
- Vivo V17 sale begins today at 12 pm on Flipkart, Amazon and offline markets: Check price, offers and specifications
- Big W launches MASSIVE clearance sale across hundreds of items including toys, makeup, home appliances and kitchenware - with prices slashed by up to 70 per cent
- The 8 Best iPhone 11 Accessories
- Xiaomi Mi TV models dominate India’s smart TV market with 33% market share
- This was the most searched iPhone in the world on Google
- Huawei launches new Mate 30 Pro 5G variant in China
- Did you get one? Pre-orders begin for Apple's $749 'budget' iPhone XR (and some of the six new colors are already sold out)
- iPhone XR Black Friday deals 2019: The best live offers
- Apple Takes on Netflix With a $5-a-month Streaming Service
- India smartphone shipment touches all-time high of 49 million units in Q3: Report
- OnePlus, Google See Big Smartphone Sales in the US in Q2
- iPhone shipments to China fall by 35 percent in anticipation of new tariffs that could add as much as $70 to price
- Heirless iPhone 8 to get a successor? Apple’s next offering likely to stick to tradition with 4.7 inch display & a home button
- Apple ‘to launch cheap £499 iPhone next year’ as FOUR new models expected to launch
- Nine things we learned from Apple's monster financial results
- Amazon drops massive deals on these renewed iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max models
- The app economy: Apple reveals it has paid over $70 BILLION to developers
- Apple tipped to launch SIX new iPhones in 2020 – including cheapest model in years
Apple doubles its India market share this winter thanks to the launch of its online store and sales of iPhone 11, XR and 12 have 826 words, post on telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.