Julien Baker has called on fans to remix and reinvent her new single “Faith Healer,” off her upcoming album Little Oblivions.
Baker released stems of the track through Isolate/Create, hoping to spread creativity while practicing social distancing during Covid-19. Fans can upload their creations to YouTube or Soundcloud with the hashtag #julienremix. You can download the stems here.
Little Oblivions is out on February 26th via Matador Records. In October, Baker spoke to Rolling Stone about the new LP, sobriety, and using a full-band sound on the record. “I’m retroactively grateful for things having been forced to slow down,” she said. “I’m careful, because that sounds romanticized, and I know there’s no ultimate thing that I’m going to find that’s going to be, ‘This is right.’ I think it’s been about moving away from the conceptual into the physical experience, trying to be more present.”
On Wednesday, Baker joined Hayley Williams’ in her segment of NPR’s Tiny Desk (Home) Concert, supplying guitar on Williams’ Petals for Armor tracks “Pure Love,” “Taken,” and “Dead Horse.” “This overwhelmed me,” Baker said of the session. “One hundred percent showed up to this gig like the kid who does extra credit when there is no extra credit assigned.” Last month, she contributed the song “A Dreamer’s Holiday” to Spotify’s holiday playlist.
- Sub Focus and Wilkinson select ten hot tracks including their new single ‘Just Hold On’
- Phoebe Bridgers Releases New Album
- A Plague Is an Apocalypse. But It Can Bring a New World.
- ‘Old School Is the Sh-t’: Inside Veteran Soul Singers’ Battle to Make New Fans
- 'Welcome to Fear City' – the inside story of New York's civil war, 40 years on
- New movies to stream this week: 'The Rental,' 'Amulet' and more
- 10 Cool New Pop Songs To Get You Through The Week: Sad13, Maisie Peters, Rema & More
- Jamie Oliver cooks up new Food Revolution song with Ed Sheeran and Sir Paul McCartney
- 'It's been incredibly painful to relive the break-up of my relationship': Amber Heard fights back tears outside High Court at end of £1 million libel trial with Johnny Depp as she says 'I stand by my testimony and place my faith in British justice'
- How Harry and Meghan considered ambushing the Queen: Couple's plan to dash from airport for showdown with the Queen, 94, immediately after landing in UK from Canada is revealed in new book
- Meghan Markle ‘set up photo opportunities with paparazzi when she worked on Suits’ – so did the royal couple cooperate with their new biography’s authors?
- Phoebe Bridgers Feels Your Pain
- Trump Camp Hits Biden’s ‘Tough on Crime’ Past, Forgets Trump’s Own Past
- Taylor Swift takes aim at ex-label boss Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun on surprise album Folklore
- Going Inside PJ Harvey’s Powerful, Intimate Early Demos
- 'She gold-plated songs': Denise Johnson, the voice of Manchester's dancefloors
- Why Zayn Malik's Solo Career is Back on Track
- A’s get back in the radio game, at the perfect time
- Flo Milli Summer
- Latin Musicians Who Have Spoken Out About Having Coronavirus
Julien Baker Calls for Fans to Remix and Reinvent New Single ‘Faith Healer’ have 500 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.