Davies, named 2020 Canadian Player of the Year, damaged ankle ligaments in the early stages of Bayern’s 5-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt on October 24 and was ruled out for up to eight weeks.
The versatile youngster completed a full 90-minute session with his team-mates on Thursday, though he is not expected to be considered for selection against RB Leipzig this weekend.
In a further boost for Hansi Flick, influential midfielder Kimmich is also on the comeback trail.
The 25-year-old suffered a right lateral meniscus injury in Der Klassiker on November 7 and was not expected to feature again until January after undergoing surgery.
However, Bayern confirmed on their official website Kimmich has started running again and training lightly with the ball, though no updated timescale has been given for his return.
Kimmich has started all but four of Bayern’s Bundesliga matches since the start of last season, the reigning European champions winning three and drawing one of the games he has missed.
He has completed 89.8 per cent of his Bundesliga passes this season – 87.1 per cent in the opposition half – and has won possession on 50 occasions.
Flick’s side have been without Davies for 16 matches since the start of last term, meanwhile – their win rate dropping from 81.5 per cent to 68.8 per cent when he has not played.
Davies has created 1.97 chances per 90 minutes this season, putting him behind only Leipzig’s Angelino (2.13), Freiburg’s Christian Gunter (2.33) and Borussia Dortmund’s Raphael Guerreiro (3) among defenders to have played at least three times.
Bayern face Leipzig, Union Berlin, Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen in the Bundesliga before the end of the year, while they also host Lokomotiv Moscow in a Champions League dead rubber next week.
- Bundesliga: Bayern Munich crash Cologne carnival
- Nationwide emergency response training programme launched
- Germany embarrassed by passionate Mexico fans on historic World Cup night
- The forgotten story of ... Dundee United's glory years under Jim McLean
- Sky high: who'd be an airline pilot today?
- 'We cannot protect everyone': New environment secretary George Eustice warns over climate change as Storm Dennis brings worst flooding for a generation
- How Kathakali artiste Ettumanoor P Kannan is turning theatre egalitarian
- A sale of Bombardier's rail operations to Alstom would raise UK job fears
- What Barack Obama Learned from His Father
- Eddie Jones’ quest to give England head space is backed to succeed
- Britain turns to bog: Aerial photos reveal devastating impact of floods that have left thousands homeless - as thousands more hold their breath with nine rivers rising to record levels and even more rain on the way
- Learning to code as a 30-year-old kid with Apple’s Swift Playgrounds
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 23
- Fighting a virus, yet again: How controlling the Nipah outbreak helped Kerala to take on COVID-19
- The complicated truth behind Trump’s ‘American comeback'
- How we made The Tube
- Is Foxtons the estate agent London deserves?
- HOURS of misery in coronavirus lockdown at Heathrow: Passengers tell how family of eight from Malaysia were screened off by staff in hazmat suits aboard one of EIGHT flights quarantined simultaneously
- Is the American dream really dead?
- 100 days after the Brexit vote: what should Theresa May do next?
Davies back in full Bayern training as Kimmich steps up individual programme have 657 words, post on www.mykhel.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.