Best First-Person Shooters for PlayStation 4 Android Central 2021
First-person shooters are some of the most popular games on the market, but it can be hard deciding which to get when there are so many to choose from. Whether you want a long single-player campaign or intend to create some mayhem with friends in online multiplayer, we’ve got several recommendations that you should try out.
- ★ Featured favorite: Metro Exodus
- Trust nothing: Prey
- Battle royale: Apex Legends
- Protect the planets: Destiny 2
- Religious fanaticism: Far Cry 5
- Survival horror: Resident Evil 7
- Underwater Rapture: BioShock: The Collection
- Multiplayer-only: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Kill some Nazis: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
- Pandora’s wasteland: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
★ Featured favorite : Metro Exodus
Prowling through the devastation of Russia after a nuclear war is no easy task. In Metro Exodus, you’ll guide Artyom above the surface as he searches for other survivors who have been living outside of the metro. The mutated threats that he encounters put up a hell of a fight, and coupled with the game’s dynamic weather and hazardous environments, you’ll always be kept on your toes.
Trust nothing : Prey
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better immersive sim than this. Arkane took control of the series and created an outstanding game set aboard the Talos I space station, full of hostile alien creatures known as Typhon. In space, no one can hear you scream. Wait, wrong series.
Battle royale : Apex Legends
Sick of Fortnite but want another battle royale to play? Apex Legends has your back. Respawn knocked it out of the park for the studio’s first attempt at a game like this. Pick from one of several characters with their own unique abilities and squad up to take out the competition.
Protect the planets : Destiny 2
The first Destiny had a lot of problems that its sequel looked to solve with a better story and more satisfying loot system. It succeeded to an extent, and Destiny 2 has received several major expansions to keep players coming back for more.
Religious fanaticism : Far Cry 5
Explore Hope County, Montana as you help its citizens rebel against a religious doomsday cult threatening to destroy their way of life, lead by the enigmatic Joseph Seed and his followers at Eden’s Gate.
Survival horror : Resident Evil 7
After a few less-than-stellar releases, the Resident Evil series returned to its survival horror roots in Resident Evil 7. Search through the eerie Baker family plantation as you find more than you bargained for in undead and mutated creatures.
Underwater Rapture : BioShock: The Collection
Find out why the BioShock series is so acclaimed in this remastered collection featuring the first two games in the franchise. The underwater city of Rapture is waiting for you, and so are its enemies.
Multiplayer-only : Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Call of Duty is the premiere FPS series, and it retained its penchant for amazing gunplay in Black Ops 4. It forgoes a single-player campaign in favor of multiplayer and even has a battle royale mode.
Kill some Nazis : Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
You get to kill Nazis in this game. If that hasn’t sold you, I don’t know what will. Wolfenstein II also has some incredible combat that lets you tear through Nazi-occupied America in an alternate reality where they won WWII.
Pandora’s wasteland : Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
With Borderlands 3 on the way, you’ll need to get prepared with its predecessors. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection compiles the second game and The Pre-Sequel, taking you on a journey all across Pandora and its moon.
Metro Exodus is one of the newest titles on this list, and it’s our top pick for a reason. You’ll have a hard time not falling in love with its impeccable gun customization system and combat while you’re exploring the ruins of Russia. The only downside is that it’s single-player and does not feature co-op or multiplayer support of any kind.
If you’re looking for a great FPS that you can play with friends, then pick up Apex Legends or Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 . Apex became a quick hit in the battle royale scene and Epic games nailed its character-based combat system. Plus, it’s hard to pass up a free game. And I believe Call of Duty needs little introduction at this point, but just know you’re getting one of the best multiplayer shooters out there.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more .
Our consoles are becoming more and more like computers, so much so that sometimes, a digital keyboard and controller just don’t cut it anymore. So here are a few of our favorite chatpads for your PS4 to make messaging that much more effortless.
You can expand the storage on your PlayStation 4 now, without opening the body and voiding the warranty. All you need is a decent hard drive to plug in.
Looking to getting into game streaming? You’ll want to invest in a good microphone before you start. Here are some great options for your PS4 or PS5 if you were lucky enough to find one.
- The 10 Best Gaming Headsets Below $100
- 28 Best PlayStation 4 Stealth Games Of All-Time
- The 9 Best Curved Computer Monitors For Gaming, Work, And More
- 21 Best PlayStation 4 Game Deals On Amazon Prime Day 2019
- ChinaJoy 2019: Action Shooter Convallaria Gets A New Trailer
- Steam Announces Top 20 Releases Of May 2019
- This Sombra Rework Makes Her The Best Support In Overwatch
- How Wolfenstein: Youngblood's Co-Op Multiplayer Works
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood Guide
- Metal Wolf Chaos XD Review
- Blizzard Might Announce Diablo 4, Overwatch 2 At BlizzCon
- Bug-Free Overwatch Competitive Season 18 Goes Live
- Should a Map Ban Exist In Overwatch?
- ID @ Xbox Game Pass Showcase June 27 Recap
- Sumo Digital Will Be Working With 2K Games On New Projects
- Co-Op Action Title Biped Due Out This Holiday For PS4 And Switch
- Metal Wolf Chaos XD Preload Details
- Vicious Circle Review
- Five Logitech Webcam Deals On Amazon
- Magic Arrives To Sims 4 In Upcoming Pack
Best First-Person Shooters for PlayStation 4 in 2021 have 1073 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at December 13, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.