A 19-year-old man has been shot outside an Underground station tonight.
Police swarmed Harrow in north west London after being called to reports of a shooting at 6.40pm.
The young man was found outside Sudbury Hill Station with gunshot wounds.
London Ambulance Service went to the scene and the man was taken to a “major trauma centre” at a hospital.
It is understood he is fighting for life with life-threatening injuries.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called to Greenford Road, Harrow, at 18:40hrs on Wednesday, 18 November following reports that a man had been shot outside Sudbury Hill Station.
“Officers attended alongside London Ambulance Service.
“A 19-year-old man has been taken to a west London hospital suffering with gunshot wounds.
“His condition is unknown.
“No arrests have been made but officers remain in the area and enquiries continue.
“Greenford Road is closed and trains are not stopping at Sudbury Hill Station.
“Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 101, or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 5975/18NOV.
“Alternatively they can call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said the 19-year-old was taken to a major trauma centre after an “advanced trauma team” was initially dispatched to the scene, along with other ambulance crews.
The spokesperson said: “We were called at 6:42pm tonight (18 November) to Greenford Road, Sudbury Hill to reports of a shooting.
“We dispatched an incident response officer, ambulance crews and an advanced trauma team car from London’s Air Ambulance.
“Crews treated a man at the scene and took him to a major trauma centre.”
One person posted on Twitter saying they have heard five gunshots, saying: “Possible shooting in Greenford. Heard five close shots by Sudbury Hill Station. Ambulances on the scene”.
Another Twitter user wrote: “Someone has just been shot outside Sudbury Hill Station in Harrow. Gunshots were heard from as far as Greenford.”
Images from the scene posted on social media show a police cordon has been set up and officers are guarding the barrier.
Transport For London Access tweeted: “Sudbury Hill Closed – this station is closed while we help the police respond to an incident.”
This is the second tragedy to hit Harrow in the past few days.
Aspiring law student Jamalie Matthew, aged 17, from Harrow, was found stabbed in Northwick Park in the Greater London town, at around 3.50pm on Thursday last week – November 12 – and he died at the scene around 40 minutes later.
Jamalie’s family, said: “The whole family is deeply saddened and utterly devastated about the passing of Jamalie. We all knew of his ambition to study Law, and coming to terms with the tragedy that has unfolded still feels so surreal.”
- Man, 19, is rushed to hospital after shooting outside north west London tube station
- Man Shot Outside Of Willow Grove Park Mall, Police Say
- 26-year-old man killed near East Dublin BART Station
- S.F. police shoot man, armed with knife, on Market Street
- 8 injured in US mall shooting: Police
- Police: 8 injured in Wisconsin mall shooting; suspect sought
- Mass Shooting At Mayfair Mall In Wauwatosa, Wisconsin; Shooter ‘At Large’
- Store Owner Fighting For Life After Being Shot In Head In North Philadelphia, Police Say
- Sacramento Police Bodycam Video Shows Fatal Shooting At Anti-Gun Boxing Event In North Sacramento
- Security Guard, Hired to Protect Reporters, Arrested in Denver Protest Shooting Death
- Man Dies After Being Found Shot In Car Along I-5 In Sacramento
- Police Search For Sacramento Mall Gunman; Two Teens Die In Shooting
- Investigation Underway After 36-Year-Old Man Shot, Killed In North Philadelphia, Police Say
- Hundreds of New Yorkers line up for COVID-19 tests ahead of Thanksgiving - as it's revealed wealthy Manhattanites are paying volunteers $80-an-hour to do the waiting
- Police: 26-Year-Old Man In Critical Condition After Being Shot In Philadelphia’s Ludlow Neighborhood
- Gang of transgender women drop-kicked then stamped on 19-year-old man in Tube attack after he told them they needed to have female genitalia to be women
- Troopers: Man Broke Into Wilmington Gas Station Through Roof To Steal Cigarettes, Other Items
- Theodore Wafer Found Guilty of Murder in Renisha McBride Shooting
- Two men are stabbed to death and a woman is fighting for her life with gunshot wounds in London as Sunday brings 24 hours of bloodshed to the nation's capital
Harrow shooting: Man, 19, shot outside Sudbury Hill Station as 'five gunshots' heard have 691 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.