It’s time to go swimming with the fishes in Grounded. I don’t mean that menacingly, though. Yesterday, Obsidian added a big koi pond to their Honey I Shrunk The Kids-like sandbox, so you can literally go for a little swim with some aquatic lads now.
Actually, wait, the pond does sound quite dangerous.
“This boss of the pond might only have one good eye, but it only needs one eye to notice you, and you never, ever, want it to notice you,” the devs say of that chonking great koi.
So, uh, maybe avoid that one, then. Probably avoid the new diving bell spiders, too. Obsidian tease that these were added so that players can no longer use water to escape the game’s eight-legged beasts.
There are some nice new creatures, though. Cute little tadpoles and water boatmen will mind their own business. To them, you are the apex predator – tadpoles can be eaten and boatmen can be murdered to make flippers from their fins. Grounded is darker than I remember.
The Grounded team took this patch as a chance to update players on what to expect from the game in the future as well.
“Moving forward, the team is going to be focusing on larger content releases that are more spread out,” they say. “This doesn’t mean we won’t continue our monthly updates, but the next few will be focused on areas of stability, polish, and bug fixes.”
A few of these quality of life fixes include inventory changes so that tools no longer take up slots, base building improvements and “revamping how save games work”.
“On the content side, flying creatures are a high-priority feature,” they add. “We feel this will be a game-changer on how you defend and build bases while adding a bunch of cool new crafting items into the mix.”
They also mention they want to add new points of interest, new materials and more places to explore (like underwater caves), and we’ll see some of this in the game’s December update.
For now, though, you can dive into Grounded’s koi pond update on Steam, where the game costs £25/€30/$30, and Xbox Games Pass. Bear in mind Grounded is still in early access, so you’ll probably run into a bug or two.
Speaking of bugs, Sin was particularly partial to Grounded’s ants, and even had a chat with the devs about them.
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
More of this sort of thing
C’mon, be brave. It isn’t that hard really.
Learn all the discovered locations of Quartzite
- The ultimate summer buy: Kmart is now selling a three-metre backyard swimming pool for just $59
- Chinese swimmer Sun Yang's eight-year doping ban set aside by Swiss court 'on grounds of bias'
- Karnataka man combats water scarcity by building ponds
- EXCLUSIVE: Laughing all the way to Gringotts! Harry Potter's Rupert Grint conjures up plan to turn barn at £5.8m country estate into SIX new homes, adding to his vast property empire
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons fish guide for December 2020
- Inside Liam Payne’s stunning LA home as he puts it on the market for $10.75 million
- Oracle founder Larry Ellison quits California for his $300m Hawaii island Lanai - after relocating his Silicon Valley HQ to Texas
- Piers Morgan's son Spencer 'escapes' Tier 4 by bolting to country home
- Gigantic iceberg the size of Delaware that cracked off Antarctica last year has stalled: Animation shows how dense ice is preventing A-68 from drifting out to sea
- See the surface of Pluto and Charon in stunning new detail: NASA publishes first topographic maps of the dwarf planet and its moon using images from New Horizons mission
- Love Island's Montana Brown looks stunning as she models her own range of sexy cut-out swimwear alongside Samira Mighty in the Maldives
- Shoppers splurge £3billion in Boxing Day spree with queues around the block in Tier 3 - but deserted streets in gloomy Tier 4
- Outdoor sport for children is still allowed under new Tier 4 lockdown rules as indoor gyms and pools ordered to close
- What Brand New Shows Does NBCUniversal's Peacock Have?
- Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton's Oklahoma ranch pictured - is this their wedding venue?
- Spicy Asian influences on Bay Area fried chicken
- Dark secrets of swan soap opera at Palace of Fine Arts
- It IS a White Christmas! Snow falls on December 25 for the first time in three years after widespread flooding saw people evacuated from homes with Storm Bella set to bring heavy downpours on Boxing Day
- Gun-Toting Zoo Owners in Showdown With PETA and the Feds Over Baby Tigers
- EXCLUSIVE: Nice problem to have! First-time buyer with £4m budget struggles to choose between home with a cinema, 15th century cottage and sprawling property with an orangery in fly-on-the-wall documentary Britain's Most Expensive Houses
Grounded added a koi pond with swimming spiders have 1022 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at November 11, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.