Activision revealed the files size for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, giving an idea of just how big next-generation games will be. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and Xbox S versions of the game are around 40GB larger than their current-gen counterparts.
The PlayStation 5 version of the game requires 133GB of free space. Xbox owners have a slightly larger download, as both the series X and Series S versions are 136GB.
By comparison, the PlayStation 4 version is 95GB, while the Xbox One edition is 93GB. PC owners will need to dedicate 125GB, with the multiplayer mode taking up 35GB of the file size.
The file size is especially staggering for the Xbox Series S. The affordable console only contains 512GB of internal storage, but only 364GB of that is set aside for games and applications. That means that Call of Duty: Cold Ops Cold War would take up over a third of the console’s free space, and that’s before factoring in future DLC and updates that could balloon the game’s file size over time.
Activision says that players can choose to uninstall certain game modes like Zombies to save space on new consoles.
Preloading for the game on current consoles begins at 9 a.m. PT on November 5, while PC players will have to wait until 10 a.m. PT on November 10 to start their downloads. The game launches alongside new consoles, and PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and S owners will just have to deal with the large download when the game releases on November 13.
- What to know about the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War: Everything to know about this year’s launch
- Snipers intentionally overpowered in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War alpha test
- The best battle royale games for 2020
- Call of Duty: Warzone vehicles temporarily removed due to game-crashing glitch
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Release Date, Download Size, System Requirements, and Everything Else You Need to Know
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Up for Pre-Order in India: Price, Editions, Beta, and More
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Battle Royale to Support Only 60 Players: Report
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Download File Will Change to the Blackout Battle Royale Beta
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Launched Early on PS4
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta to Have Chaos Team Deathmatch Mode
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Specialists Revealed
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 review
- Call of Duty Black Ops 4 1.04 patch notes for PS4 and XBOX One
- Console Corner: Call of Duty Black Ops 4 review
- Moment Russian warplane crashes NATO’s biggest military exercise since the Cold War risking WW3
- Battlefield V PS4 and Xbox One Price Increased on Amazon India
- Tesco Black Friday Xbox One discounts gets you console for £159 and Tomb Raider for £24
- Tesco Black Friday Xbox One deal gets you console and two controllers for just £159
- Best Xbox One games
- Black Friday 2018 deals at Amazon
- LIVE: The best Black Friday deals 2018 from Dyson, Amazon, Ticketmaster
- Amazon slashes prices of Playstation 4 and Xbox bundle deals for Black Friday
- Tesco kick off Black Friday 2018 with amazing Xbox One Fortnite bundle deal
- Live Black Friday deals from Tesco, Dyson, British Airways, Amazon and more
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War takes up a ton of the Xbox Series S’ storage have 532 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 5, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.