Xbox Game Pass games can now be streamed through mobile devices thanks to xCloud, making it much easier than ever before to play The Master Chief Collection on the toilet. But this is just the start of Microsoft’s plans for streaming, and Xbox boss Phil Spencer has indicated in a tweet that streaming will make its way to Game Pass on Xbox and PC, too.
Replying to a tweet asking directly whether Game Pass on console and PC would allow for streaming at some point–allowing users to demo a game before committing to a download–Spencer responded saying that they have a plan in the works for this. “It’s in the long list of cool things the xCloud team is working on, just a bit further down the list,” he said.
— The Man About Tech #VypNation (@Vyyyper) October 6, 2020
Yes, we want to do this. It’s in the long list of cool things the xCloud team is working on, just a bit further down the list. But we want console and PC players to be able to browse as easily as mobile players, it’s a good gamepass feature.
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) October 7, 2020
This means that the feature could be a while off yet, but it’s at least being planned, and we could eventually see Game Pass streaming on these systems.
Microsoft’s recent purchase of Bethesda parent company ZeniMax means that they now has access to the company’s Orion streaming technology, which could be a large part of their future strategy.GameSpot’s 2020 Xbox Gift Guide.
- The New Xbox Boss Is... Steve Ballmer?
- Next-Gen Games Will Fill Our New Consoles' Hard Drives In No Time
- Leak: Why Microsoft's next Xbox might 'slice' games
- Trove Development Will Continue, Though PC / Console Versions will be 'Decoupled'
- Xbox One's Indie Games Program Revealed At Last
- Cloud game streaming could decide the future of Xbox Scarlett and PlayStation 5
- The Biggest Microsoft Xbox Reveals At E3 2019 So Far
- Xbox One Ditches One Of Xbox Live's More Annoying Limitations
- Xbox One S Review: What the Xbox One Should Have Been
- The Xbox One: The
- More details leak on Microsoft's game streaming service
- Xbox One: Everything We Know
- Xbox Reveals At E3 2019: Project Scarlett, Keanu Reeves, Elden Ring
- PS4 vs. Xbox One: The Comparison We Had To Make
- Big Microsoft Vision Statement Mentions Gaming (Phew!), ‘Serious Fun’
- Watch Out Spotify: Xbox Music Is Finally Coming To iOS & Android
- Xbox E3 2019: Microsoft's Press Conference Liveblog
- Nvidia Is Changing The Way We Display, Stream, And Capture PC Games
- The Xbox One's Reinvention Of Watching TV And Sports Will Start Slowly
- Microsoft Says Sony Is Holding Back
Xbox Boss Says Game Pass Streaming Planned For PC And Consoles, Too have 642 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 8, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.