The acquisition of Bethesda parent ZeniMax Media by Microsoft has been one of the largest deals in the history of gaming, and one that Bethesda creative director Todd Howard believes will result in an even better future for the industry. In an interview with GamesIndustry.Biz, Howard said that Microsoft hasn’t decided what its approach to console exclusivity will be, but that it will be “hard to imagine” the two companies not launching a game like The Elder Scrolls 6 on other platforms as well.Bethesda had largely been an independent producer and publisher of games before the deal was accepted and work began on finalizing the merger.”Once the shock wore off, there was just huge excitement given the relationship we’ve had [with Microsoft] and what the road looks like ahead–not just for us but the gaming industry,” Howard said about how Bethesda reacted to the news internally. “We’re very much aligned, and have been for a long time, with the same vision as to where gaming is going and how we can be ambassadors and drive that forward.”Bethesda will still publish its own games, as the company will be “giving up very little,” according to Howard. “[Microsoft is] very creator-driven, we’re… Read full this story
- Dwight Howard says Russ Needed to Sacrifice More
- Todd Gurley says it would be ‘awesome’ if Rams acquired Odell Beckham Jr.
- Baker Mayfield says 'Hard Knocks' can be good
- Howard says ‘the sky’s the limit’ for Everton as he waves goodbye
- Dwight Howard says Russell Westbrook “should just facilitate, get everybody involved”
- Tim Howard says USMNT lacked passion under Jurgen Klinsmann, stirring controversy
- Dwight Howard says perceptions about him are ‘a lie’
- Dwight Howard says he’s motivated to bring a title to Atlanta
- Todd Bowles says the Jets may keep all four QBs, which is a terrible idea
- Todd Bowles says he used to eat McDonald’s four times a week as a player
Todd Howard Says It's "Hard To Imagine" The Elder Scrolls 6 Being An Xbox Exclusive have 334 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.