Sony has released PS4 firmware update 8.00 , which adds updates to party and messages, new free avatars, simplified parental controls, and enhanced two-step authentication that finally allows the use of apps. However, users have reported issues after installing the update, including one that blocks access to friends lists (and at the time of this writing, PSN is down ). After the update, party and message functions will be linked together more tightly, and you’ll be able to use the same groups of players for party voice chats and message exchanges, instead of having different groups set up across the two apps. This will also be a cross-gen feature, as you’ll be able to send messages to PS4 groups even if you are on PS5 . New avatars have also been added, with players able to customize themselves with assets from Bloodborne , Journey , Ghost of Tsushima , God of War , The Last of Us Part II , The Last of Us Remastered , Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End , and more. The days of you having that same little skeleton are over. Security is being increased, with a new optional two-step verification feature on PS4 that allows… Read full this story
- Fortnite Adds New Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker Skins, Emotes, Gliders, Back Bling
- Instagram adds new 'Shoutout' feature to share personalised memories
- YouTube adds new features to its desktop website
- 7 Google Keep Features for Perfect Lists
- Adobe adds new AI tools to Data Science Workspace in Experience platform
- Perhaps MPs should add the odd novel to their reading lists...
- Everything you need to know about the PS5: Release date, launch games, and more
- 'Fortnite' Update 11.30 Adds Winterfest Challenges & Split Screen - Patch Notes
- WhatsApp will automatically rank your friends in order of how often you chat with them and will push their status updates to the top of your screen
- Fortnite Adds Split Screen Option for PS4, Xbox One
PS4 System Update 8.00 Adds New PS5-Centric Features, But Breaks Friend Lists have 307 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 15, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.