Developer NetherRealm Studios has previously confirmed that Mortal Kombat 11 will be getting a free next-gen upgrade when the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S drop in November. Now, the studio has divulged how players can upgrade their fighting game at no extra cost.
The news comes during a recent Kombat Kast, during which members of the development team broke down MK11’s newest fighter Rain. Toward the end of the broadcast, NetherRealm discussed the ways players can upgrade Mortal Kombat 11 to the next-gen version.
One way is by already owning or purchasing Mortal Kombat 11 on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Doing so grants you access to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/S version. Another way for those who already own the base MK11 game is to preorder Kombat Pack 2, an add-on that includes Mileena, Rain, and Rambo, as well as skins for Noob Saibot, Liu Kang, and Skarlet.
In addition to the free next-gen upgrade, NetherRealm confirmed that purchased content and most save data will carry over between console generations. This includes inventory, rewards, character variations, time crystals, and content purchased with time crystals. Furthermore, previous Krypt and Tower of Time progress will carry over. The only requirement is that you stay signed-in to the same account you used to play Mortal Kombat 11 on current-gen consoles. Story progress won’t transfer but rewards earned during the campaign will.
The next-gen version of Mortal Kombat 11, which will be available on November 17, features a bevy of improvements. The game will get visual enhancements and 4K resolution updates, reduced load times, and cross-play support between consoles generations.
In other Mortal Kombat 11 news, NetherRealm announced the date for the next Kombat Kast. The broadcast will go live on October 28 and it will focus primarily on Rambo.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 2, 2021 movie reveals may appear at DC FanDome
- Mortal Kombat 11 update: NetherRealm details MK11 Aftermath roadmap, new Skins
- Mortal Kombat 11 new DLC characters on the way, dataminers leak Kombat Pack 2 and 3
- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Review
- MK11: Ed Boon talks Mileena, mini-games and leveraging Mortal Kombat history
- Save your £16 - the Mortal Kombat movie is boring
- Mortal Kombat: Review - A video game movie that pushes the right buttons
- ‘Mortal Kombat’ movie review: A sluggish reboot that has no Mortal Kombat tournament
- Mortal Kombat 2: What we want from a Mortal Kombat movie sequel
- Mortal Kombat Is Out Now On HBO Max: Here's How Watch It
- Second Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 Trailer
- Mortal Kombat Legends Movie Sequel Coming This Year
- Mortal Kombat movie drops gore-filled opening battle scene for free – but can you stomach it?
- Ryan Reynold Transforms Into Johnny Cage for Mortal Kombat-Themed Mint Mobile Meme
- Demon Slayer, Mortal Kombat Rule The Box Office In The US
- Who is Hanzo in Mortal Kombat?
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order's free upgrade available to disc owners who have a discless next-gen console
- Nintendo deal: Buy a Switch Online Family Membership, get a free 128GB microSD card
- Best cheap iPhone 11 deals for June 2021
- Leaked Windows 11 SE Reveals Latest Chromebook Competitor | Digital Trends
Here's How To Upgrade Mortal Kombat 11 On Next-Gen Consoles For Free have 715 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 20, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.