Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will begin integrating with Warzone in December, Activision has said.
Speaking during an investor call last night, Activision’s chief operating officer Daniel Alegre said this integration kicks off with Black Ops Cold War’s first season. Black Ops Cold War comes out on 13th November.
It is unclear exactly how Black Ops Cold War will work within Warzone, but we do know all new Black Ops Cold War weapons and operators you unlock will be usable in both Black Ops (as you’d expect) and Warzone. Content within the Black Ops battle pass, as well as new Black Ops store content, will also work across Black Ops and Warzone.
But Modern Warfare players can continue to use their Modern Warfare content in Warzone when Black Ops launches, too. Players can choose either their Black Ops loadout or their Modern Warfare loadout for Warzone, Activision said.
“We’ll bring Black Ops Cold War’s characters and weaponry into the free-to-play experience,” Alegre said. “Along with substantial new content ensuring that Warzone remains both a terrific experience and a powerful on-ramp for the franchise’s premium content.”
Activision president Rob Kostich then added: “… core Black Ops Cold War progression will build upon the success and will work similarly to how it did in Modern Warfare.
“So for example all the awesome new Black Ops weapons and operators you unlock and your level one to 55 progression will be usable in Black Ops and in Warzone just like they work in Modern Warfare. Black Ops battle pass content and store content will also work across Black Ops and Warzone.
“Now players of course can continue to use their Modern Warfare content in Warzone once Black Ops launches. And as a result, one cool feature that players will see is that they’ll be able to choose either their Black Ops loadout or their Modern Warfare loadouts in Warzone for their gameplay. And this is just one example on how Warzone is going to expand and evolve over time.
“Now players can also expect a ton of free post-launch content from the Black Ops Cold War premium experience across multiplayer and zombies. I think we did a great job on this for the community for everyone with Modern Warfare and we’ll do the same with Black Ops. So 13th November really is just the beginning for this game and I think it’s a great game. And just like Modern Warfare, this game is going to get bigger and better and more fun as the year goes on.”
Infinity Ward and Raven Software’s free-to-download battle royale is currently balanced for Modern Warfare loadouts, so it’ll be interesting to see how the game is affected by having Black Ops Cold War loadouts thrown into the mix.
- Activision says Prestige is coming to Call of Duty: Warzone, Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War accused of becoming a "Play on PlayStation to win game" after latest Sony exclusives revealed
- Call of Duty: Warzone’s latest patch adds private battle royale games
- Fury as Call of Duty now so big it doesn’t fit on computers – with console players forced to delete other games, too
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War player progression detailed, shares across Warzone and Modern Warfare
- Panic as Call of Duty Cold War file size is even BIGGER on PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Call of Duty Halloween event begins TODAY – watch Haunting in Verdansk trailer here
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War' Release Time: When Can I Download on PS4, Xbox & PC?
- Call of Duty: Warzone's F2P gameplay has grown the franchise 'tenfold' on PC
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War' PS4 & Xbox Preload Date & File Size Revealed
- Call of Duty Cold War could have the series’ best Multiplayer in YEARS
- Snipers intentionally overpowered in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War alpha test
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War takes up a ton of the Xbox Series S’ storage
- What to know about the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta
- Newegg have revealed their biggest Black Friday deals early to help you plan for November 27th
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone Patch Notes Released (November 9)
- New Call of Duty Cold War weapons will finally appear in Warzone on Friday
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War preloading begins Tuesday
- Here’s how Call of Duty: Warzone will share content across Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War will share all progression with Warzone and Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Warzone will let you choose to play with a Black Ops Cold War loadout or a Modern Warfare loadout from December have 761 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.